Author Topic: Crashed - Not Operational why?  (Read 5230 times)

EHM-1760 Sven

Crashed - Not Operational why?
« on: November 19, 2005, 09:20:34 pm »
Why don't that way.

Normaly it takes about 4 week to built an aircraft. So we modify ProPilot that the crashed aircraft can't be used for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks Euroharmony gets the new aircraft accidentaly it will get the same tail number and you can use it again;D

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 11:47:50 pm »
Hi Sven,

Well, it's kind'a complicated to implement it.

Basically what we will do is to inject new airplanes from time to time.

Don't worry. You'll always have airplanes to fly! ;D ..

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 12:33:31 am »
Hey Sven, I'd like to know where you can get a new plane in 4 weeks. From contract to delivery can vary anywhere from 6 to 18 months for a commercial aircraft in production today! (If you want an A380 you wont see it well in to the next decade!) That's without taking in to account the LOI and cooling off period......

Just to put this in perspective, if you want a new VW Passat from the factory, you will be waiting 6 to 10 weeks! (I know, I was going to have one until they told me that, instead bought an Ex Demo Volvo S40 instead and I'm glad I did, but that is a subject for a different web site!  ) :P
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 08:56:16 am »
Another reason for not doing it, is something psychological. No pilots (in the real world) would want to fly in an aircraft that have crashed. Even if it's only the same tail no., but a new a/c. I can remember this from my time in the air force, about 15 years ago the danish air force lost a Gulfstream on approche to Vaga on the Faroe Islands (EKVG), Both crew and passengers where kill in the crash. One of the first things that happen after the crash, was that all photos of the a/c was removed, simply because it was belived that bad thing would start to happen if they where left up, and of course no one wants to be reminded that theres a chance of crashing.

EHM-1760 Sven

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 09:57:29 am »
Yeah I understand this "no one wants to be reminded that theres a chance of crashing" a real world crash is very hard for everybody. :$ But I think there is a difference between simulation and real world and we have that problem that many of our aircrafrt crashed. When an aircraft in my Flight Simulator crashes is it in 95% of the cases a very silly crash that would not happen in real world.

And  philnutt normaly it takes about 4 week to
built (for example a Boeing 747 400) an aircraft. I have not written anything about waiting for it:]. I thought this would be to long;D.