Author Topic: My Call sign...  (Read 5709 times)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
My Call sign...
« on: May 03, 2004, 03:56:04 pm »
Hi guys,
Could you tell me what my call sign would be, would it be EHM-1358 or the plane reg.

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

My Call sign...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:18:02 pm »
If you are talking about flying online, you should use the flight number as callsign, for example EHM4041, and NOT your pilot ID. You can find more in the "EHM Online Flying Manual".

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
My Call sign...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 04:58:27 pm »
What so the flight number. Please say more:>

EHM-1152 Thomas

My Call sign...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 05:17:15 pm »
I always thought that you could use the flight number or your callsign? :%

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

My Call sign...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 05:36:32 pm »
Trust me, you are not the only one, I have seen others flying online with their IDs as callsigns...

"EHM Online Flying Manual" covers this issue in paragraph 3.1.2 (for unknown reasons, I can't copy and paste from it!?)

EHM-1152 Thomas

My Call sign...
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 09:30:47 pm »
I looked up the Operations Manual and this is what it says -

Your callsign when flying online can be:
- EHM and the last 3 digits of the flight number (e.g. if you fly the flight EHM-2705, use callsign EHM705)
OR
- EHM and the last 3 digits of your pilot ID (e.g. if you’re EHM-1561, use callsign EHM561)

The Online Flying Manual says -

2. If you are flying an online flight for EuroHarmony, your callsign will be EHM and the last 3 digits of the
flightnumber. If you use voice, callsign will be EuroHarmony (Harmony is also accepted) regardless of the EHM
division you fly for!

Question is, which one is right? :s

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

My Call sign...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 11:11:02 pm »
Sorry, you are right ;D. I only checked the online flying manual... which btw says EHM + 4 digit flight number (7 characters are allowed both on IVAO and VATSIM).
So until the problem is sorted out, I say everyone should use the form he wishes.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
My Call sign...
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 09:45:41 am »
I would guess that both are acceptable as the manual does not say that you cannot use your id as your callsign
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1150 Armando

My Call sign...
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 10:12:27 am »
Originally posted by Tom
I looked up the Operations Manual and this is what it says -

Your callsign when flying online can be:
- EHM and the last 3 digits of the flight number (e.g. if you fly the flight EHM-2705, use callsign EHM705)
OR
- EHM and the last 3 digits of your pilot ID (e.g. if you’re EHM-1561, use callsign EHM561)

The Online Flying Manual says -

2. If you are flying an online flight for EuroHarmony, your callsign will be EHM and the last 3 digits of the
flightnumber. If you use voice, callsign will be EuroHarmony (Harmony is also accepted) regardless of the EHM
division you fly for!

Question is, which one is right? :s

In what concerns to EHM it should be the flight number, but the pilot id is becoming more and more used; just think that if two EHM pilots fly the same flight at the same time on the same network, the callsign must be different; and what about online events where more than ten pilots do the same flight at the same time? :]
I prefer to use my callsign.

Bye bye

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
My Call sign...
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 10:19:01 am »
in the case of online events i would assume that the pilot id would definitely be in use in place of the flight number
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
My Call sign...
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 03:56:32 pm »
Well I dont think it will cheese the ATC of. Like to you really thing they will hunt down the truth? :]

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
My Call sign...
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2004, 04:12:36 pm »
Originally posted by Tim
Well I dont think it will cheese the ATC of. Like to you really thing they will hunt down the truth? :]

Speaking as an ATC (within IVAO-GB, but I'm speaking for myself not my division) I don't give a tinker's rucksack what callsign a pilot uses, I always go by what they put on their FP.

As a pilot, I have always used my EHM pilot ID, it just makes my life easier (only one thing to remember for all flights...)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1152 Thomas

My Call sign...
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 06:23:24 pm »
Originally posted by Murray Crane
Speaking as an ATC (within IVAO-GB, but I'm speaking for myself not my division) I don't give a tinker's rucksack what callsign a pilot uses, I always go by what they put on their FP.

Speaking as an ATC from vatsim I can definately agree with you on that one. :P

EHM-0641 Rico

My Call sign...
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 08:02:07 pm »
I always us my pilot ID... cuz like they said... more then one people doing i.e. EHM-705 I wouldn't know who the ATC would be talking then.. me of them...