Author Topic: Me ATCing!  (Read 3318 times)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Me ATCing!
« on: May 06, 2004, 10:01:15 pm »
Well I tryed and ATC at EGCC being the GND. And what happend...I stumbeld into an exam. Ian Botham was the person who was the examiner, still trying to find out about things.

Question-I have used Teamspeak but it brings me up to the unicom. So if I speaked would be not on my freq. hear me?

And is this freq for EGCC gnd right: 121.850?

And can I say a very big thats to Tibi who helped me!

EHM-1152 Thomas

Me ATCing!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:22:13 am »
As you were on Ivao I can't help you with the Teamspeak problem as I only ATC on Vatsim.  But I can tell you that the frequency for Manchester ground is 121.850.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Me ATCing!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 08:32:11 am »
Originally posted by Tim
Well I tryed and ATC at EGCC being the GND. And what happend...I stumbeld into an exam. Ian Botham was the person who was the examiner, still trying to find out about things.

Question-I have used Teamspeak but it brings me up to the unicom. So if I speaked would be not on my freq. hear me?

And is this freq for EGCC gnd right: 121.850?

And can I say a very big thats to Tibi who helped me!

Tim

If I'd noticed you I'd have tried to assist, but things got a little confused for me last night (a mail server I help a mate look after went a bit mad and fragged all it's anti-spam measures... took 3 hours to get back better than new)

Any way, with regards TS2, you need to build yourself a channel on the TS2 server you choose to connect to; once you've connected to your chosen server, go to 'Channels\Create Channel' and fill in the data - name is the facility name (EGCC_GND),  topic is the full facility name and radio frequency (Manchester Ground - 121.700), leave codec on Speex 9.3 Kbit and if you want, put your ATIS in Descr. Leave everything else (although I tend to reduce Max user to 50 to help with the bandwidth...) and hit the Create Channel button and you'll be in your channel for your facility.

The frequency I have quoted for EGCC_GND is correct for IVAO. If you go onto the IVAO HQ website, you can find all frequencies for all facilities in the Databases service pages, specifically the Navigation data search (direct link - http://www.ivao.org/db/ss/coun.asp?Id=GB)

You'll find plenty more helpful nonsense on the IVAOGB forum (if you'd like...)

Oh, and welcome to the IVAOGB family. ;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Me ATCing!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:28:10 pm »
I found out most of the stuff when I was ATCing at EGLL. There was a really helpful, told me all about the TS. And did the GND work for me so I got the jist of things.

The strange thing was my EGLL sector file was set in a wrong postion.

And what made me laugh was there was a SVFR (I think) and started downing about 500kts in a cessna.:s

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Me ATCing!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:29:34 pm »
Oh and did I tell you that Ian was on the first time I was on at EGCC. I kinda stumbled into an exam :$

anything