Author Topic: EuroHarmony Operations from EGLL  (Read 7967 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
EuroHarmony Operations from EGLL
« on: January 04, 2006, 03:35:37 pm »
I've just spent an instructive 5 minutes reading a document prepared by the IVAO London Airspace Chief [Sam Miles] all about London Heathrow operations; I'm an IVAO C1-rated ATC as well as the OFC for EHM.

In it he states that for European operations we (EuroHarmony) should be operating from/to Terminal 2, and for long-haul routes we should operate from/to Terminal 4.

Whilst I'm not about to get heavy handed about this (I use gate 152 on the Europier almost exclusively), it would help the IVAO-GB EGLL service team if we started taking these things a little more seriously and operate from these two terminals as "requested".
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 04:18:14 pm »
Well as a fairly frequent ATC on that position Murray, I can tell you that hardly any of the virtual ATCOs respects those, however I do try to though it is hard to look that up with a high workload.

But yes, in the strive for realism it would help if these terminals were used. Perhaps the GB Division will eventually get a pit more 'serious' about terminal usage, but it's not on the top of the controller's priority list at this moment.

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:42:39 pm »
Another thing is that this document is "hidden" in a section of the website where people who are pilots only will most likely not look.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 05:17:57 pm »
Agree with that Ben, it is advertised as a ATC Operations manual. I think the gate allocations are designed for controllers who haev just landed aircraft and don't know whree to correctly park them, but it would be good if we used the correct gates to start up at. For those who don't know, terminal 2 is shown on this chart. It's at the south-east edge of the main block of terminals:

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aerodromes/32LL0201.PDF

Log in using 'ivaogb' as both username and password to log in using the 'public' UK charts access area for IVAO GB division.

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 06:12:17 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1365
Another thing is that this document is "hidden" in a section of the website where people who are pilots only will most likely not look.

Did I just write that :|

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 04:16:47 pm »
I only Controll at EGLL

That same document has also pictures with the terminals highlighted and a list assigning different gates and terminals to different VA's and airlines... I have them Printed out in bic and on the wall behind my screen ..

So I just lift my head and look , and assign the correct one to the arriving A/C when i'm ground...  

(I mostly do tower...but ground is rarely seen at EGLL so I sometimes do that one too)

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 08:57:55 pm »
Just checked this out and it seems quite easy. If I have it right this means that for european operations we must select from the following gates:
211-215; 212L; 212R; 202-210; 209R; 209L

For long haul we should be selecting from the following gates:
401-412; 461; 463; 414-425; 429-432

If I've made a mistake I apologise but hopefully this will be helpful as a reference for anybody wanting to pick a gate number that doesn't upset the ATC at EGLL.

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 09:28:31 pm »
London Heathrow Stand Allocations
ATC please read the Following carefully and make a note of it somewhere you are encouraged to
inform Pilots the stands to which they should depart and arrive from on a regular basis.

Terminal 1 – Domestic Flights and UK Airline departures to Europe

British Midland (BMA)
British Airways [European Schedule] (BAW)
Virgin Express (VIR)
BMI Baby (BMI)
UK Direct [European Schedule] (UKD)
Monarch Airlines (MON)
Easy Jet (EZY)
Ryan Air (RYR)
Sureflight (SRF)
Air we go (VAW)
Other UK domestic Flights

Terminal 2 – Non UK Airline departures to Europe
Air France (AFR)
Alitalia (AZA)
Lufthansa (DLH)
Iberia (IBE)
Sabena Airways (SAB)
Aeroflot (AFL)
Condor (CFG)
*EuroHarmony* (EHM)

Terminal 3 – Long Haul to US, Asia, Africa, Pacific and South America
Virgin Atlantic (VIR)
Qatar Airlines (QTR)
Air Canada (ACA)
Virtual Air Canada (VAC)
American Airlines (AAL)
Cathy Pacific (CPA)
Continental Airlines (COA)
Emirates (UAE)
Gulf Air (GFA)
Kuwait Airways (KAC)
Middle East Airlines (MEA)
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
Singapore Airlines (SIA)
Turkish Airlines (THY)
United Airlines (UAL)
Varig Airlines (VRG)
Air Mauritius (MAU)
Egyptair (MSR)

Terminal 4 – British Airways Long Haul, KLM and other Virtual Airlines not listed above
British Airways [Long Haul] (BAW)
KLM (KLM)

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 12:19:19 pm »
cheers rico, i will use that in my exam :P

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 12:40:16 pm »
Whatif you do a LH flight from LHR to a place which isn't in Europe.

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 01:21:13 pm »
Terminal 4 im guessing, thats what murray has posted in the 1st post.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 02:46:13 pm »
Why would you want to do a LH flight to anywhere that is not Europe :P Then again, why would you wanna do a LH flight when you fly for the greatest VA in the world! LOL
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:22 am »
I downloaded new EGLL scenery that supposedly has T5 " in construction"  but I don't recall seeing parking gates with such numbers. Are those of the London Heathrow product sold by Aerosoft? I am considering buying it if I start flying more to/from EGLL.

Last time I landed at Heathrow I was told "park at gate XXXX" now, I had no idea where that was. To get a decent readable printout of London Heathrow parking and taxiways you need a whole wall. I printed it on A4 and with that poor choice of colours (from the real GB AIP site) and the extremely tiny letters it was totally useless to have that aerodrome chart for finding your way out of it.

So far I park as closely as possible to my expected departure runway taking into consideration the a/c size (small/medium/large)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:10 pm »
Didimo,

Real pilots don't seem to have any problems with the charts as there are almost 500,000 movements a year on the ground most of which use the AIP product or Jeppeson Jeppview which are essentially the same! (but they are just black and white charts) I personally also have no problems with them but hey, everyone is different! Remember also that a lot of airline pilots use EFB equipment that displays these charts in the cockpit.

Parking at Heathrow is fairly straightforward.... Gate 1xx is terminal 1, Gate 2xx is terminal 2, Gate 3xx is terminal 3, Gate 4xx is terminal 4 and gate 5xx is terminal 5.... Gate 6xx are cargo ramps at the world cargo center. (shown on the Terminal 4 parking chart)

As a EuroHarmony Pilot you should request terminal 4 (long haul) or terminal 2 (short/medium haul) so you should only have to be concerned
with:

Aerodrome Chart - ICAO - For general overview of the airport.
Aircraft Ground Movement/ All Taxiways Chart - ICAO - For taxiway assignments and directions.
Aircraft Ground Movement/Parking/Docking - Terminal 2 Chart - ICAO - Terminal 2 parking chart
Aircraft Ground Movement/Parking/Docking - Terminal 4 Chart - ICAO - Terminal 4 parking chart

Of course, it always good to have parking charts for the entire airport and you will also need Runway holding charts and the other standard SID/STAR & ILS charts. You have to remember, Heathrow is the worlds busiest International airport, pilots don't just get to fly in and pick a spot, although many do on VATSIM and IVAO, it does take some practice to find your way around.

As for scenery, AEROSOFT Mega Airport Heathrow is currently the most up to date and the one that shows a completed T5 with all parking, Heathrow Pro from Gary Summons will not be updated and only shows a partially completed T5 and a trial download is available that places a large banner on the runways to try and get you to buy the final product. He is working on a New Heathrow Extreme product but I expect that is still a few months away. There is not really a decent freeware Heathrow scenery that is up to date.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703