Author Topic: so much change  (Read 2248 times)

EHM-1411 Steve

so much change
« on: January 22, 2006, 01:08:15 pm »
Hello
I have been out of flying for sometime now. However most of my past experience has been on Vatsim.
Seeing as Im looking at starting up again I was thinking this may be a good time to convert to IVAO
However what with all the changes etc I was wondering if this is in fact a good idea?
Bias aside, just how busy are IVAO now?

One big question I have is, seeing as my servinfo no longer displays IVAO info, can I get this running again or are they no longer registered with servinfo?

Thanks

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
so much change
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 01:22:12 pm »
Hi Steve,

I had to do the same decision some monthes ago. Servinfo gave up the work on both VATSIM and IVAO, next to it, EuroHarmony seems to show bigger sympathy to IVAO, and I heard that IVAO network became more popular. All these lead me to switch network.

And yes, many things has changed. Do not be afraid if your Servinfo does not work, IVAO has a new program, made by our President Gergely, and is called "IVAe - The eye of IVAO" It is very very similar to Servinfo but has a much nicer graphical window. Also you need to download the pilot client: IVAp, and the Traffic Libraries (mainly AI-Aardwark aircraft models), so your colleagues would show up in the multiplayer session.

Good luck for the change ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

anything