Author Topic: A suggestion for a slightly more emmersive PP World...  (Read 4629 times)

EHM-X2J Richard

A suggestion for a slightly more emmersive PP World...
« on: January 31, 2006, 12:27:54 am »
I don't know if it's been suggested, and perhaps it's just a little bit outside the boundries of what Flight Simulator is about. But I was reading the Pro Pilot manual tonight, and when I saw how maintainence etc is carried out, I wondered where the funding etc. comes from?

Then I thought it might be cool to set out a simple balance-sheet finance section. Repairs and wages etc are deducted and pilots have the oppertunity to dabble in share options (providing EH is a Private company). Just a little extra for the virtual pilots to babble about in the forums, and a little more interaction with EH to boot.

At least this way, crashing a plane, or losing a few passengers because they felt the take-off was a little too scary would affect the other pilots and the company in a way we can see, and might promote a more careful approach to the PP world.

A report could be presented monthly with all maintainence work and real-time fuel prices taken into consideration, delays and the money they cost and HUB costs. The works.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. Feedback would be great.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
A suggestion for a slightly more emmersive PP World...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 11:07:06 pm »
Hi "RightWayCorrigan",

First of all, thank you for your kind suggestion. I see it's your third post in our forum and you are already giving suggestions. That's our spirit!

Our VA is completely different from the other ones where the Management Team is, somehow, too way far from the pilots. Here, the pilots help building our VA.

So, getting in your suggestion, I must say it's a good one, but if we want to implement a system like that it should be more complex than the one that you say. We could have all that, but to what would that lead us ?

So, we got many suggestions all related to the topic that you mention, but, because of the complexity (if it wouldn't be good, then it would become unrealistic) and because of the effort that it would give to us, we had delayed it to a far future.
We are much more in the mood of improving this ProPilot system with new challenges to improve the quality on flying. For instance, maybe a new special tour, or new adventures or new penalties.
We need to improve this system to a new level. And we are already analysing what should we do first.

I don't know if you saw or last weeks posts, and if not I suggest you take a look so you can see what we are thinking about. Also, we have a monthly newsletter that we sent every month with the strategies that we are thinking to improve. We don't hide them. We share them.

Regards and welcome to our community!