Author Topic: PSS aircrafts  (Read 4857 times)

EHM-1841 Janos

PSS aircrafts
« on: March 19, 2006, 03:23:24 am »
Hi Everybody,

I saw another topic mentioning the landing lights question about PSS aircrafts.
My question is whether there is a chance to solve this problem somehow?
I'd like to fly ProPilot flights with the PSS A320, but I get the landing lights penalties and I don't want to inrease my score and average 'cause of this.

Maybe any tip, how to "override" PP? (apart of "use the iFDG aircraft instead :)

Thanks,
Janos

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
PSS aircrafts
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 04:55:02 am »
At the emoment using PSS Airbus planes will cause this penalty because the Airbus atomaticly swirches off the landinglights when gear is retracted amd not swiched on before they are lowered again. So You will get this penalty everytime yopu use the PSS Airbuses.
ANd please correct me if i'm wrong:-)
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
PSS aircrafts
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 12:38:00 pm »
There is no way around this issue, the operation of the landing lights is programmed into the panel, and you cannot alter it.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

EHM-1841 Janos

PSS aircrafts
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 12:28:45 pm »
Thanks Guys,

Although this fact made me sad. Now I gotta look for another plane to fly.  

BTW it would be useful to have some kind of option in future PP versions for this problem. As I don't  think that Phoenix will re-programme the panel for us, PP might adapt slightly ...

Cheers, Janos

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
PSS aircrafts
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 01:16:47 pm »
Janos,

An alternative might be the PMDG models, wich i think are better as the PSS ones, even the new 777 by Phoenix isn't as beautifull as the 747 QotS from PMDG. The only PP problem with the 747 is the penalty for not switching on the rotating beacon, altough it's switched on, this is not the case for the 737-800, a fantastic plane as well.

greets Niels
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

EHM-1841 Janos

PSS aircrafts
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 02:20:22 pm »
Niels,

Thanks for the advice! I have the PMDG series of the 737NG series and I agree they are marvelous :] and I'll try them (maybe even with FS2Crew).

I started this topic only 'cause I prefer Airbuses over all other types. Now I'll have a look at Wilco's A320 PIC, if it flies better than a hammer and PP likes it better, it may be a solution.
If not ... I hated spinach but now I eat it. The same will happen with Boeing :]

Janos

anything