Author Topic: Pen006 - Engine started without beacon  (Read 3643 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Pen006 - Engine started without beacon
« on: April 13, 2006, 08:49:23 pm »
Just successfully flew S020 on PP (bit of a saga, and don't feel like explaining to non-MT right now...) but during shut down I got a "Pen006 - Engine started without beacon"

I was following Werner Shott's MAAM checklist, the engines had been off for quite some time (multiple seconds...), and suffice to say, the only things that follow "Beacon - OFF" on Werner's checklist are "Generator Switches - OFF" and "Battery Switch - OFF".

Am I right in thinking this was merely caused by the FLogger not seeing the engine shutdown "as it happened", and not a throw-back to the start of the flight (where conversely, the beacons were on long before I got around to starting the engines).

No matter, would be nice to have it reversed if possible, but otherwise, I'm getting a headache (d**n you S020!), I need to eat some real food, and I want to lock the next leg before House starts on Channel 5.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 10:04:18 pm »
I am not sure but I guess FL looks for zero RPM at engines. I had once a similar penalty, when my jet engines spin at only 1% speed when turned off the beacon.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 05:57:59 pm »
same problem in the beginning for me too,
...because after some minutes my battery switched off and then you have to start the engine to get the "power" back,.....so the beacon light was switched on but useless without power.
anyway after getting 60.00 p pp I changed immediately via FSUPC the battery for more energy...(set '0')
:]

best regards,

Kendy M.

anything