Author Topic: IVAO VFR WT  (Read 3593 times)

EHM-0001 Gergely

IVAO VFR WT
« on: May 13, 2004, 09:58:03 am »
Hi,

Did anyone complete the IVAO VFR World Tour (WT2003 version C)? If yes, what were your impressions? I plan to start flying it and I'd like to hear the opinions of people who already finished it.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IVAO VFR WT
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 04:15:27 pm »
Originally posted by YR-TGM
Hi,

Did anyone complete the IVAO VFR World Tour (WT2003 version C)? If yes, what were your impressions? I plan to start flying it and I'd like to hear the opinions of people who already finished it.

I had started it, but I only left myself a calendar month to complete the entire thing (they stopped accepting PIREPs for it on April 15) and it was all getting a little too hectic so I abandoned the attempt [in hopes of a new one for 2004].

But the legs I flew I had much enjoyment with, pilotage navigation and all (I only used FSN as a TCAS/map, not for navigation)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0001 Gergely

IVAO VFR WT
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 04:23:12 pm »
Hi,

whe WT2003 versions A and B were discontinued on April 15th, but version C (VFR) is still active.

EHM-1036 Ian

IVAO VFR WT
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 12:53:13 am »
WT 2003 C will be available until further notice. When it does end everyone will have 2 months to finish it.

Yes I finished it. Thoughts were that some of it was good, but alot of the legs over water very boring. Trying to keep it VFR as much as possible added to the fun, especially around the mountains

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

IVAO VFR WT
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 01:18:22 am »
I agree... I flew the Carpathian VA VFR tour around the Carpathian Mountains in Romania, together with another pilot... he flew high and straight, I flew as low as I could through the mountains, and sometimes diverted a lot to see the mountains I had visited on foot ;D

EHM-0001 Gergely

IVAO VFR WT
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 09:11:15 am »
Keeping it VFR certainly adds to the fun. I flew LTBN-LBWN following the coast of the Black Sea at a very low altitude. It was certainly more fun than flying a direct gps route at a high altitude.

anything