Author Topic: Airmail Tour - Plane disappeared  (Read 6478 times)

José

Airmail Tour - Plane disappeared
« on: May 25, 2006, 09:38:18 pm »
Hi!
The aircraft I was flying at the US Airmail event crashed while i was doing flight EHM-S034 :'( . When I tried to lock the final leg to KSFO, the aircrafts in the list were all locked or reserved. Is there any way that I can get a plane to finish the event?? I e-mailed Phil Nutt but he couldn´t help me ´cause it´s not his department. Can any other management people help me to solve this?? PLEASE REPLY!!

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:34:31 am »
Hey José

If your aircraft really crashed, I mean if you had to fill out a report and everything. Then I think it's really a bad time to crash, because that means you can't finish the tour.

José

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:54:22 pm »
I thought that maybe management could assigned me another plane just to complete the last leg. I feel annoyed because I was about to finish:@ There MUST BE A WAY FOR ME TO FINISH

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:43:58 pm »
Hi,

Logically this is a complex situation and we need to think about it.
In one way we know that rules are rules, but in another way, we understand the very bad luck of crashing on the last leg.

Phil Nutt already exposed the problem on the Management so we will take a decision about it.

Regards and please be patient.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:19:52 pm »
Jose,

After some discussion with the MT, we have discovered that we can not put your plane back at KRNO as this flight (S034 Reno to Sacremento) is now closed and locked. I am sure you noticed that each flight in the event has a 3 day window to be flown and this flight closed yesterday. As this was not the last leg of the tour, this can not be altered. :[
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

José

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:27:39 pm »
Thank you for thinking about my situation. I understand that the flight S034 is closed, although I don´t know exactly how, but I flown it with the DC-3 PH-UTT even after crashing, which actually surprised me! Wouldn´t it be possible to turn back to Sacramento one of the DC-3´s of the guys who have already landed at San Francisco, so that I could get then there? I don´t know exactly if I´m right, but I think those planes are not gonna be used for a period of time, so it would allow me to fly to KSFO. Even I offer myself to fly one of them form KSFO to KMHR (if it´s possible) and them bring it back to KSFO completing the event as well.
I don´t know if you have already taken this possibility under consideration, but if not, please think about it and let me know.:%

Thanks anyway for your interest and help.
José

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 08:23:41 pm »
If we did that, I'd be willing to let him use my aircraft PH-UEA.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 08:41:04 pm »
As both Phil and Bruno have explained, we are currently discussing your problem Jose.

There is still plenty of time left to complete the last leg (I haven't flown it yet either...) so please, be patient and let us talk this through before we get back to you personally with a definitive answer.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 09:56:31 pm »
Sorry Jose, I am getting really confused, I forgot that you had flown the S034 leg after the crash. I will speak to the other guys about this later. I am going away for the weekend, bust rest assured,one of us will get a resolution for you one way or another.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1633 José

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 03:04:23 pm »
Hi everyone!
First of all I have to say that I made a new registration because I couldn´t log in with my old account. (don´t know why).
Secondly, I would like to thank the management people; specially Phil and Murray for their help at my last leg of the US Airmail event. Also I´d like to appreciate the rest of the people who have shown concern for my situation: finally I flew to San Francisco.
That´s why I wanted to show my gratitude to you.
José.:>

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 03:19:24 pm »
Glad to see you made it m8!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703