Author Topic: FC exam - passed !!  (Read 3171 times)

EHM-1500 Jim

FC exam - passed !!
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:59:01 pm »
Not often that i brag about things on forums but did the practical part of the IVAO flight captain exam last night and passed - just !! Did IFR and VFR flights in the B1900D in and out of Manchester....made a few school boy errors but examiner very kindly passed me. Very stressful but quite good fun in the end. Bring on the next one!!!
Jim

EHM-1798 Conrad

FC exam - passed !!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:27:54 pm »
Congratulations there mate, looking forward to another flight at some point :)

EHM-1671 Ben

FC exam - passed !!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 01:26:40 am »
Yay, well done!!

EHM-1821 Javier

FC exam - passed !!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 04:23:46 am »
Congrats! will be quite a long time till i get there...

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
FC exam - passed !!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 08:28:01 am »
Grats Dr. J

Feel like being a little more forthcoming about the "schoolboy errors" - peer education and all that (as I am expected to do my practical at some point in the near future)? Email will be acceptable (below) and needn't go any further if you don't want it to...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1500 Jim

FC exam - passed !!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 09:06:54 pm »
No problem Murray. The things i can remember.....had to manually log into different team speak server for exam and that's not my speciality - forgot to change my ehm username in team speak to my exam call sign. Also, examiner said entry into landing circuit was using right hand turns but i used a left hand circuit cos joined down wind so got confused!! No other major boobs but a few radio small points.Make sure you have charts - you need them and they will get you to navigate to different VORs and NDBs which you'll never find with out charts. Worth swatting up on VFR circuits and pattern entries and exits as that is pretty big in the exam. Also, make sure you can file flight plans properly - i forgot to put alternate field on mine. On the whole though, not as scary as you might think it will be!!
Jim

anything