Author Topic: Possible FlyUK/EHM joint event  (Read 4597 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Possible FlyUK/EHM joint event
« on: August 24, 2006, 04:53:36 pm »
We've been invited by the FlyUK Chopper Division to join them for a joint event of some description:-

Hi Murray,

I hope you’re well. Following the success of the joint Heathrow fly-in, I thought it’s about time I got round to asking you if EHM would like to participate in another event with us.

Our chopper division here plays an active role in our community, and they’d very much like to have a chopper event. Seeing as your fleet also includes some choppers, I’d like to bounce the idea of having a joint chopper event off you. At this stage it’s just an idea, and the event could take many different forms, such as a chopper relay, or even just a simple dest-dest fly-in consisting of a swarm of EHM/Fly UK pilots.

How does this sound to you? Of course any other joint event ideas would be most welcome J

Kind Regards,

Luke Bowes
Fly UK Events & Online Flying

Before we let you go discussing the merits or otherwise, we (Online Division) have provisionally said yes before we get any more information from FlyUK about this, since it'll give the heloheads amongst you a great excuse to take part in what for us will be a unique event in our history (plus a few of the MT are heloheads and jumped at the chance).

OK, discuss...

@Razza: If you feel like passing on your secrets of successful helo control, away you go...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:40:44 am »
Yay! Chopper event! This will be VERY interesting indeed.... Razza, your tips?

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:05:03 am »
Cool! I would most likely crash lol

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:15 am »
I've been waiting for this one my whole EHM carreer ;D

Finaly some chopper action for me ;D

Got my Bell 206 ready to go :P

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 10:26:13 am »
I'd go, but I warn you, I'm not too good at landings!

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 10:38:09 am »
I'd join if I'm not away or busy.

Word of advice, when your in hover don't over control your stick try to 'think the stick about' with small adjustments.
If you using a heli with struts ask to fly directly to you parking, get into a hover about 20ft above, slowly reduce your collective, if you start dropping to quickly, just increase the collective, remember to always keep your eyes on the horizon.

If your in a heli with a landing gear, treat the landing like a plane landing and flare onto the runway.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 11:19:09 am »
Well, I can fly the wee Robinson quite well, and I DLed an even smaller helo that I can get up and down and fly in reasonably straight lines ;D

But I have problems translating those m4d 5k1llz to anything bigger (other than the really big helos... I can fly the skycrane reasonable well as well...)

Now I have a proper rudder pedal set, maybe I'll be a little better...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 01:41:19 pm »
Thanks Tim for the advice! I think I'll practice a bit first though, just so I don't end up crashing on the event (it's happened twice now, and I don't want to make it a tradition!)

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 12:41:24 am »
If you want a heli that is easy to fly in FS, has magnificent hover capabilities, and flight dynamics, then I would recommend the "Aerospatiale AS365N3 Dauphin", also known as the Dolphin HH-65 USCG....

Ya' know.. that big orange bird the the US coast guard flies ;)

Here's the HC page for them: http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?search=Dolphin&cat=&bool=and

And here a pic for the unknown under you :P

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 10:20:46 am »
Fly the EHM Heli's!!!  The A109 is supper smooth although a bit hard to master, and the Bell 407 (i think thats the designation :s) is very stable in all phases of flight, most notably the hover;) allthough it is more 'functional' than a 'good looking'

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 11:41:14 pm »
I think rico has an unfair advantage being a real helicopter pilot ....... :P