Author Topic: Double penalty for the same fault?  (Read 5050 times)

EHM-1947 Miko

Double penalty for the same fault?
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:09:34 pm »
Hi,

it is really no blame or criticism - I just got 900 penalty points and I only want to understand the reason

I had a little bit hard landing at GQMZ.

In the flight penalty report is listed

1. Maximum load factor (G) allowed (Your airplane suffered a maximum G force of 2.5. Your passengers got very scared!)

2. (at the same time) Maximum load factor (G) allowed (Your airplane suffered a maximum G force of 3.5. Your passengers got very scared and you damaged your airplane!)

1. Question: How is the hardness of the landing calculated? Why G-Factor?

2. If I reached a G-Factor of 3.5 (sore 500) why do I get another score of 400 for G-Factor 2.5 at the same time.

Isn't that double punished.

How I said - no criticism - only a question :]

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 11:25:37 am »
Hi,

Actually it's can be thinked that way but it was made this way because this penalty is very bad.

The 2.5 G factor is a very high factor for an airplane, so you receive one. The 3.5 G factor is completely almost impossible to have it on commercial airplanes, so you receive a penalty accumulation because of that.

The other day, flying a 737, I received those two penalties because of a rush landing ...

Regards and I hope it clears out your question.

EHM-1947 Miko

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:11:49 pm »
Thanks for your answer, Bruno,

by all respect for your efforts - you define the rules and penalties and try to comfort me by telling me that you have accepted the same penalty once. Nice joke :]

Regarding to the conflicts and mistakes that allways occur with the PP System:  Don't you think it wouldn't be a good Idea to publish the whole penalty and criteria list once and let it discuss? Wouldn't it be better first to train the Software before we let her train us?

It was a little bit harder landing than usual (no precise QNH available / Runway surrounded by hills), but still acceptable and never and never a 2.5 G-Faktor or more. I would accept the 500 points allright but there is no reason to get almost as many points as if having crashed.

Sorry but that is too much for me :]

Perhaps I am one of the unlucky ones - if I am judged then I demand more solid criteria.

Best Regards,

P.S. And please those who are going to tell me now that I don't have to fly PP : It is allready my Tantra - thanks a lot :o

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:04:04 am »
Me too, got penalty twice ... 2.5 and 3.5 G's, but one thing is sure, I was taxing at a bit extra speed, probably the passengers had a hair raising turn!!!
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:49:25 pm »
Hi,

The penalty list in shown on the "Pilots Lounge" since we started ProPilot 1 year and a half ago.

The penalty is not the same. It has the same base idea (G Factor) but there is a lot of difference between a 2.5G and 3.5G.

I must say again that the ProPilot system only gives penalties based on what the flight simulator tells for him. He doesn't invent, or conclude anything from your flight. It just monitors the values given by the FSUIPC and when that value is achieved, you receive the penalty.

Regards,

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:11:40 am »
Hi,

I did check my flying once again and compared the same with the rules set down by Beech 1900D's Manufacturer, and did realize that I was pushing the plane a bit too hard. My apologies to that...

I must say that PP is doing an excellent job in pointing out those mistakes to me, because when I sit on a cushioned chair with no feel of how the plane / passengers in the plane would feel, I can try to push it a bit out of limits!!!:]

Hats off to PP for getting these mistakes to our notice and making Flight Sim more closer to real.
Vincent,
Bangalore

anything