Author Topic: How can i conect to IVAO as an observer  (Read 11434 times)

Offline EHM-1956 Mikael

• Gear up
    • http://www.spottersblog.com/mike
How can i conect to IVAO as an observer
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:24:08 pm »

today i did my first onlineflight on IVAO it was realy a new experience for me! it can be a little to mutch information in 1 time when you are feling stress so i was thinking if there is a way to conect to IVAO as an observer,it should helping alots to just listen and look how other pilots do.
EHM-1956 Mikael.Nilsson

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:02 pm »
First, you need to download IVAC, which is the controller software. Then, you need to download a sector file, which enables you to see a specific airport/airspace. Just look around IVAO for them. The divisions have a special page for them usually. Then, you need to start IVAC, connect, and type in xxx_OBS (xxxx being the airport ICAO code of the airport you're watching. If that callsign is taken, you can use other ways). Then, you can see everything.

If you want to become a controller, I'd say it's best to experiment with the controls of IVAC while as an observer.

If you just want to listen to the pilots, and the ATC, enjoy!

Quite detailed, but so many people get confused with IVAC. Hope this helps!

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 11:12:49 am »
Make sure that your profile also states that you are "ATC"

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 02:15:55 pm »
Mikael,

As I sort of said at the time, the other obvious (to me anyway) way(s) to do this is use IVAE to find a controller to "observe", get his/her voice channel details from IVAE and them manually connect to the controllers channel using TS2, muting TS2 using Self\Mute Microphone either before you join or after you get there; that will of course mean you won't get any visual context at all, but you could use FS and IVAP (or IVAC as Matt/Conrad said) to get the visual element.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1956 Mikael

• Gear up
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
i still have one question how do i conect the corect way using ivap? i want to conect both visual in fs and with sound as an observer but i dont know the corect way,i just thinking i cant conect as an pilot and choice any aircraft in the list and fill in any flightroute bec im not going to fly? but i cant se any options to click as an observer so how can i do it.
EHM-1956 Mikael.Nilsson

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 10:42:47 am »
Well, I've never tried this before, but there shouldn't be a button that you press. if your callsign ends with _OBS, you should be hidden. A bit like IVAI, but different.

I honestly am not sure of this. Could somebody help me on this? I always use IVAC you see.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:42:37 pm »
If you're wanting to use IVAP, just use the remark field to indicate you're observing and not flying: RMK Observing, ground movement on request.

The "ground movement" bit indicates that you'll get out of the way if things get silly busy and your parking space is required, but even at the busiest airports there's places you can park a small airplane without it being in the way.

As far as I know, IVAP will allow you to have an _OBS callsign (MIKAEL_OBS for instance) and as such you'd not appear on the controller's radar.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1956 Mikael

• Gear up
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 04:10:15 pm »
i still cant conect the right way to logg in as an observer using ivap bec i cant write my callsign in the markd field it wount alow me to write _  or mabey im still doing it wrong can someone mabey do it and print screen and put it here in the forum so i can see ho to do it. thanks
EHM-1956 Mikael.Nilsson

anything