Author Topic: Zurich Fly-through - 2007-03-25 18:00Z [IVAO]  (Read 6273 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Zurich Fly-through - 2007-03-25 18:00Z [IVAO]
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:53:20 pm »
EuroHarmony/IVAO-CH Zurich Fly-Through

A big "joint event" this month (with apologies for the short notice)

The Zurich Hub and Online Departments, along with IVAO-CH, invite all EHM pilots to participate in the IVAO-CH Zurich Fly-in on Sunday 25th March. The "official route" will be a hop from Milan-Malpensa [LIMC] to Ljubljana-Brnik [LJLJ] with a mandatory "layover" at Zurich [LSZH]. This will qualify all participants for the IVAO-CH "Aviation Celebration Tours and Events Award" badge.

Route

Routings courtesy of RouteFinder - part 1 is from MILANO/Malpensa (LIMC,LI) to ZURICH (LSZH, LS): 4 fixes, 112.2 nautical miles, and part 2 is from ZURICH (LSZH, LS) to LJUBLJANA (LJLJ, LJ): 10 fixes, 260.3 nautical miles. The stop-over in Zurich will be no longer than absolutely necessary - first one down from Malpensa needs to wait for last one down, then it's all off to Ljubljana.
Part 1; LIMC SID CANNE UZ651 KELIP STAR LSZH
Part 2; LSZH SID DEGES Z1 ROMGA Z2 BAMUR N871 ALGOI UL607 LIZUM L607 VENOG UL607 ARNOS UP735 GILIN STAR LJLJ

(NOTE: I currently do not have FS-Navigator installed, so I cannot create a flight plans pack - any volunteers, email them to the online department and you'll get credit)

If you wish to participate, don't forget to go to Pilots/Online flying on the main website and register.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 04:45:35 pm »
I registered, but the 4th leg of the F1 event is lasting more than I expected...so I think I'll join the fly in very late, I hope before the take off from Zurich, but I am not sure...it seems like the headwinds over Australia are fighting with me today! :]
Ciao!

EHM-1908 Steve

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 05:53:20 pm »
Sorry guys i really wanted to do this event but after installing a new viruschecker/firewall it's playing havoc with everything FS.
I spent most of the day Saturday making sure i would not make a c**k up and crash my aircraft.I could paper a wall with all the charts etc that i have printed in preparation.

Im going away now to sulk in a corner :$

I will get it sorted and hope to catch you next time

Steve

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 09:21:19 pm »
How frustrating... :'(

after endless waiting around Zurich I got my landing slot, landed but my brakes totally left me. The bird just wouldn't slow down! :{ :{
And it was actually playing up throughout the flight, no holding altitude, getting excessive angles and in the end I decided to fly it by hand all the way...

Oh well, it was certainly an experience...:8

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 09:49:38 pm »
well, met Peter shortly at the event. I was going to LDZA instead of LJLJ, due to me going to Zagreb next week to meet relatives. I could've flown to LJLJ, but I guess I kind of did the event. I did give LSZH traffic which is the important thing!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 04:08:36 pm »
Well, of the three of us that departed Malpensa, two of us were "struck down" at Zurich. I suffered from no NAV display the whole way (thankfully, I've now fixed this...) and due to poor ATC descent planning I was way above the glideslope, so I dived to a landing and finally got her stopped on taxiway B up by the end of rwy 28! I was lucky not to interdict rwy 28, and after turning on the left main wheels (easy with separate left/right brakes and left/right throttle controls) was able to taxi her perfectly safely to the maintenance area.

But, looking on the bright side, I've never flown with so much traffic on-screen before (FSNav couldn't refresh at all, and my Project Magenta TCAS suffered from slow refreshes a couple of times!) and I was still happily locked at 30FPS. The new install of Windows and FS2004 would seem to have been well worth the effort.

Sotiris, what were you flying for the event? (I was in the B738 v4 livery, and I seem to remember LSZH_GND saying Peter was in the MD80...)

@All: If anyone wants an impromptu group flight tonight, I going to finish what I've started and fly leg 2 on IVAO tonight when I get home from work (c. 1800Z+1) All joiners welcome.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:50:30 pm »
I managed to be on ground at LJLJ waiting for Murray to land with the Agusta helicopter. I've never tried to fly this heli and I had many problems...
Luckily the controller on LJLJ didn't talk to me too much about my flight around the active rwy :$
I took something like 25 photos of me and Murray flying but most of them (as always) are just rubbish.

I'm trying to follow Murray's path over the rwy but that was very difficult ;)

Hope you like these photos
Ciao!

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:53:48 pm »
Well, I must say: that was an EVENT not just event! We had the great Italian ATC guy from Malpensa to LSAZ-ctr, and our departure was excellent example, how must look like a start of such an event. Sotiris departed as the first, followed by Murray and I was the last on the taxiway to the active rw, watching Murray's take off. So far so good. Then we all three entered, disently separated into the region of LSZH. And then followed a never ending waiting arround GIPOL intersection. Finally we landed all three of us in some 10 minutes. I must confess, my eyes never saw so crowded airspace and airport runways and taxiways. As Murray said: IT IS MAD! And it was MAD!!! All my congratulations go to the complete set of ATC controllers. They were fantastic. After landing I lost Sotiris and Murray noticed me about his technical problems and needed maintenance.

After a short stop I started the second leg, which was far more peaceful and I hoped LJLJ controller will wait for me, since he was asked by me on Friday night for his presence in LJLJ twr on Sunday evening. But he switched off some 20 min before I landed. This was great event-absolutely no time for borrowness-and I am just dissapointed a bit since from all our members only three of us were present. O.K. compagnieros pilotes, see you next time!

Peter LGAV HM

P.S. Yes I piloted our Euroholidays MD 83. Still great aircraft!

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 11:35:40 am »
Originally posted by EHM-0654 Murray
Sotiris, what were you flying for the event? (I was in the B738 v4 livery, and I seem to remember LSZH_GND saying Peter was in the MD80...)

Hi Murray,

I was in the B737 at first but after finishing the SID and engaged the A/P although I set a climb rate fo 1800fpm the plane got a 55 deg nose up attitude, registered more than 4500fpm before stalling. (I'm glad this wasn't pro-pilot!!).
After leaving Mila ctr I switched to the A320 which also couldn't keep altitude, making the whole task harder. Especially trying to trim this plane was extremely hard as minute changes in trim meant HUGE changes in attitude.
Did I mention that both birds could not steer well on the ground?
And to top it all, with throttle at idle, speed brakes deployed and auto brakes at MAX the bird would not stop on the runway. (And yes, I had both autothrottle and A/P disengaged)
I think it has to do with a couple of small old planes I installed for the Alps tour (C172, Cirrus etc.) They also have wild responses to small stick movements etc. [I should have been suspicious when during their installation I got a prompt about overwriting protected files to which I responded yes...]
I am seriously contemplating de-installing everything and installing everything again.

FSNav also made the birds behave like they were drunk.

Saying that, it was cetainly an experience, flying those skies over zurich. The guys, despite the holdings and the inconvenient altitudes, were great and handled everything very well.

See you at the next one (hopefully after I've de-nstalled and re-installed everything)

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 04:19:57 pm »
nice pics and near misses, Paolo! :];D;)