Author Topic: Hub Update Email.  (Read 5953 times)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Hub Update Email.
« on: April 17, 2007, 11:38:50 pm »
Please see below text from an email to all current EHAM pilots. :)

Goedemorgen Gentlemen,

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Phil Nutt and as well as being the CEO of EuroHarmony, I am currently the Hub Manager for our Amsterdam Hub. I took over this position a few weeks ago and during this time, I have been familiarizing myself a little with our Hub.  

Currently we are the second largest Hub at EuroHarmony behind London. This gap is closing though and during the coming months, it is my aim that we take this crown from London and make Amsterdam our airlines largest and busiest hub.

To help with this, I am planning on holding a number of events culminating with an online Hub Fly in to London when we achieve the goal and take their place as our largest hub. I also need your help to achieve this goal and as such, I will be asking for your assistance in the forums from time to time over the next few months.

I would like to hear your ideas and thoughts for our hub. What would you like us to do? Where would you like the Hub to go? Are there any destinations that we are missing? (These should be destinations flown from EHAM in the real world) Is there something missing from our hub?

I’m not going to bore you anymore, although I would like to add at this time, I will be emailing updates about once a month but I would also really appreciate your input in our Hub Forum to try and get our community going and help make us the Biggest hub at EuroHarmony.

Many Thanks,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Hub Update Email.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:57:05 pm »
Hi folks,

unfortunately the Netherlands is not very rich of hills, or lakes, but have very nice VFR sceneries available. So...why not having our own tour ? Maybe a longer Benelux, or Flemish tour ;)

As I know, KLM & Fokker bring together the trans-atlantic flying to people, as they wanted to reach the far departures of Antilles. And As KLM base is still Schiphol, maybe we could have a challenging veteran tour as well to the Antilles. ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Hub Update Email.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:16:02 am »
I think its a great idea Robert.... Transatlantic to Sint Maarten, then a mini tour taking in Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St Eustacius and maybe even Saba if you want to try your hand at the notorious approach and the 1300ft runway! We could even add former colonies like Tortola and Tobago?
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Hub Update Email.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 09:02:41 pm »
I checked the timetable, and saw we have a lot of flights there, in Biz and Holiday departments. I would not like to add simply more and more flights to there, so the region became "boring" we should need to add something that really adds a little more joyment.

A minitour there could be good. As far as I know, Netherland have colonies only in 2 islands in the Antilles...a little above Venezuela.

Or maybe a Benelux minitour, then a long flight to the Caribbean, and continue as a Caribbean minitour, ending another long-haul back to Schiphol.

What do you think ? C'mon guys ;)

EHM-1671 Ben

Hub Update Email.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:57:02 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1001 Robert
Or maybe a Benelux minitour, then a long flight to the Caribbean, and continue as a Caribbean minitour, ending another long-haul back to Schiphol.

What do you think ? C'mon guys ;)

I'm not in the EHAM hub, but I'd gladly fly that ;)

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
Hub Update Email.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:43:46 pm »
Good evening gentlemen,

Being one who normally tries to find the flights which no one has flown before (making me kind of a 'long hauler' automatically), how about some sort of VOC-tour?

'VOC', or 'Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie' was the name of the former dutch east indies company, back from our glory days (or as we reffer to it: our 'golden age') when nobody had ever even heard about, nor imagined, something like Brittania Rules the Waves... Better yet: we kicked their a..ses over and over again back then! Besides, the VOC being the world first official multinational!

So, back to the golden age and fly a more-or-less typical trading route of the VOC as a cargo flight! Envision something like:

leg 1. Amsterdam - Recife
leg 2. Recife - Cape Town
leg 3. Cape Town - Perth
leg 4. Perth - Surabaja
leg 5. Surabaja - Nagasaki
leg 6. Nagasaki - Singapore
leg 7. Singapore - Surabaja
leg 8. Surabaja - Cape Town
leg 9. Cape Town - Amsterdam

Didn't do much research, all by head, so still place for some refinements here. Also didn't check for leg feasabitilties. Above is just the rough track across the atlantic and indian ocean to and from, added to which are some former dutch colonies to visit (yes, Singapore was one of them as well once. Just for short time though. However, if we want to nag at EGLL being the largest hub... )

Idea perhaps??

Best regards,

Stef
EHM-1242

ps. another nowadays particularly infamous Dutch company from back then for obvious reasons was the Dutch West Indies Company, but i seriously doubt if anybody would want to 'burn their fingers' on suggesting couple of cargo flights from African west coast to the caribean... It's facts from history, but i don't want to be the one to suggest it!
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

EHM-1671 Ben

Hub Update Email.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 04:17:20 am »
Not bad, Stef. That's pretty intense flying right there but I'm sure there would be some crazy long-hauler (*cough* me ;D) out there willing to do it. I'm just wondering if it would be practical - so far, all of EuroHarmony's tours are short-legged; even the World Tour only has one long-haul. :s

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Hub Update Email.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 09:10:58 am »
Well, it does not need to be a tour. It could be simply a set of new flights, that simply not start/end at Schiphol like the normal flights. Although in this case, there would be no awards...only fun ;)

I do not know too much about the Dutch history and territories, but those long flights look very interesting. It would be good to know which airplane is capable for that route ;)