Author Topic: 2007-05-22 Schiphol Newsletter - Facts and figures  (Read 3810 times)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
2007-05-22 Schiphol Newsletter - Facts and figures
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:39 pm »
Dear Pilots,

Recently some of our hubs have been publishing details about local events and business so I just thought I would give you a few details about our great Hub here in the Netherlands.

Schiphol can be found just outside Amsterdam and due to its central position in the country, it ideally situated to be the leading international airport of the Netherlands and one of the largest airports in Europe. Excellent road links cut journey times from other nearby cities such as Rotterdam, the Hague and Utrecht.

Schiphol is only 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam and the train station located below the Schiphol Plaza links all of the Netherlands to our Hub. Thalys, the high speed train also stops at the airport creating links from Schiphol to major cities throughout Northern and Western Europe.

The airport has over a dozen major international Hotels within a short distance and it hosts the Hotel Mercure inside the Schiphol Terminal which allows passengers to stay overnight or for the day without leaving the passport controlled area of the terminal.

Passenger facilities are far too numerous to mention but the latest concepts in airport travel are all available at this busy international airport.

Below are some facts and figures taken from 2005.
44.2 million passengers
1,449,855 tonnes of air cargo
404,594 air transport movements, of which 17,747 or 4.4% were full-freighter flights
261 scheduled airline destinations in 90 countries (summer 2005)
104 airlines, of which 27 carried cargo only
96.2% of air cargo volume was transported to intercontinental and 3.8% to European destinations
543 companies are situated at the airport, generating 58,000 jobs
3rd largest cargo airport in Europe and 16th largest worldwide
4th largest passenger airport in Europe and 10th largest worldwide
5th largest European airport and 20th largest worldwide in terms of air transport movements

I hope this wets your appetite and sparks some interest in our fantastic Hub.

Regards,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything