Author Topic: Want interesting online flying  (Read 3293 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Want interesting online flying
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:05:57 pm »
I've only just noticed/realised that IVAO has released a Dangerous Airports tour this year!

http://www.ivao.aero/flightops/Dangerous/DangerousAirport1.htm

I know something similar has been mooted here (certainly behind the scenes), but for those of you that like "living on the bleeding edge", here you go! It's 35 legs in length (which seems short for an IVAO WT) but I'm guessing this one needs to be short - I also see that those perennial favourites, Courchevel and Innsbruck, are featured.

Pay careful attention to the instructions on the tour legs page, the aircraft suggestions/demands are probably extremely sensible (and I'm amazed at how many of the aircraft demands are covered by current or former fleet aircraft...).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 02:24:28 pm »
Oooooh, I've just hand an evil thought - because of this, that and the other, the online department has been unable to organise a fly-in for this month (other than assisting the Zurich hub with theirs), so I'd like to offer an open invitation to our online pilots to join me on the first leg this coming Sunday - the 24th, at 1200Z (1300UK, 1400CE)

Who knows, it might spur some of you on to earning the badge for the whole tour, and dangerous departures and approaches are always such fun :)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 02:44:14 pm »
Hi Murray

I have already done this tour and it is interesting just after you leave South America legs, because in the first part, some of the Amazonian airfields are almost impossible to do. Is like to land in a Golf hole. And for take off you must go up in a spiral climbing.........
I think some of this holes are scenary bugs, because in really life it doesn't exists.

You must chose your aircraft with a lot of attention.

Good luck for your tour.

Cheers