Author Topic: Calling all ATC\'s - IvAc Questions  (Read 3834 times)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Calling all ATC\'s - IvAc Questions
« on: July 23, 2007, 12:38:04 pm »
Hello All,

I need the help of the IVAO ATC's among us.
I started trying to learn the IvAc and how controlling online is done etc. etc.
Got the manual, devoured it as usual, installed everything, got my sector file and I was ready to go.

At first I connected as _OBS as I wanted to see how the 'pros' work. And that's my problem.
TS does not interface with IvAc (at least not as IvAp does). There's also a note in the manual warning about this.
However, I could not find anything anywhere about how use TS in conjunction with IvAc.
I went on my TS server (where I was logged for my IVAO session) but the position I wanted to 'tap' into was not on the list.
When I went to 'creat channel' I unsurprisingly got bumped/denied.

Does anyone know how an _OBS can tap into the required frequency/channel. (Btw, the frequencies on the COMMbox worked OK but as most controlling was via voice all I could see where the hand-offs).

Finally, an even harder one. Everyone on IVAO's forums is talking about an INTERCOM facility/programme which apparently liaises with Skype and helps with co-ordination between positions. Needless to say, I could find zilch about it on IVAO's forums.

Any help appreciated.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:55:38 pm »
Two reasonably easy questions there Sotiris.

1. You would need to work TS2 client "manually" - if you are OBSing, pull the ATIS for the station you wish to monitor, get their TS server/channel details, then manually connect to that server/channel (mute your mic in TS2, it's just polite)

2. As your rightly noted, Intercom is a skype-based tool that permits "side channel" comms between ATC - http://intercom.ivao.aero/ and click on the button with a picture of a book on it for the manual. The "CHG DIV" button allows you to change IVAO/Intercom divisions.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:47 pm »
Welcome back Murray,

I hope not too traumatised being back to work... :)

One last one. I did something like this (using the _APP's channel) but was denied access. Is this possible/normal?

As for TS2, I got it on PTT so unless I press that little button I should be as silent as a still submarine.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:25:22 pm »
Hmm... that shouldn't have been the case. Not in Windows at present, so I can't test it here (well, not *strictly* true as I could RDC to one of the servers, but I don't have a headset here either...) Give me a half hour to get into Windows and check...

Later: well, just back from Windows and it all worked exactly as I had thought it would. Connected to IVAN server (France, it was autoselected) as EGLL_OBS, used "Request ATIS" to get EGLL_A_TWR's ATIS. Scrolled up through that to get his TS2 server/channel info (gb1.ts.ivao.aero/EGLL_A_TWR)

Manually connected to gb1.ts.ivao.aero in TS2 client (using my IVAO VID and IVAN password, remember they have different passwords for the network and for the website), set mic mute in the UNICOM channel, then moved myself into the TWR channel, and he was just handing off a pilot to uncontrolled airspace as I joined, so I know that the TS2 "obs" was working.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON