Author Topic: August fly-in - Eastern Winds (VATSIM - 8th Sept)  (Read 4399 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
August fly-in - Eastern Winds (VATSIM - 8th Sept)
« on: August 24, 2007, 04:38:23 pm »
At the invitation of VATASIA (and because last month's VATSIM fly-in failed miserably) for August the online department is looking for pilots to fly into Changi Intl (WSSS) on the morning of 8th September as part of the VATASIA Eastern Winds 2007 event.

The "official" departure will be Ninoy Aquino Intl (RPLL) in the Philippines at 1100Z, but if you can't make the group flight the list of fields participating is quite long and I'm sure you could catch up en route.

The online department page for this event will be up later tonight/tomorrow morning at the latest, but the VATASIA webpage for the event can be found here.

NOTE: Yes, the August event is being "delayed" to September. We'll be back to normal service for the September fly-in (announcement start of September, event end of September)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:28:52 am »
Come and fly!!!

Please generate a whole lot of traffic as my "boss" (Air Traffic Manager) is taking his C3 test on the event. ;D

After arriving, departures are also appreciated! ;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 07:46:16 pm »
I said it at the time, but I'll repeat it here (and in an email);

My thanks to VATASIA (and SINVACC in particular) for the friendly welcome and professional ATC they showed during this fly-in. I only wish there'd been more of us in the airspace; you missed out on some great atmosphere and wonderous ATC.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 05:57:21 am »
It was great fun, we had lots of departures from Singapore, Hong Kong got most of the arrivals :]

Those who didnt fly this time, you should seriously try it next time;D just look at the ATC coverage! ;D

Expected ATC:

and actual ATC around almost halfway through the event :o :

Traffic Levels at Singapore (spot Murray in there;D):

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 09:50:36 am »
Just a personal observation, but a distinct lack of China coverage. On IVAO, China was (is) an upcoming division, I know some of their staff from my IVAO-GB days and I know full well that they have ATC exams regularly (I've flown in more than one). If the rest of Asia was as well covered in IVAO as it is in VATSIM, fly-ins in the region would be excellent... is this just "one of those things" on VATSIM?

(All the more reason for wishing the two networks would come together, if only every once in a while... just imagine if you will, VATSIM and IVAO keeping their own software but actually sharing networks/virtual airspaces - the coverage would be amazing)

EDIT: And didn't realise it was *that* late for you folks... I'd deliberately chosen to fly "local time=zulu" rather than real-time, so I got daylight the whole way. All the more impressed...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON