Author Topic: Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - September 2007  (Read 4321 times)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - September 2007
« on: August 30, 2007, 01:06:25 pm »
Dear EHAM pilots,

it's my pleasure to present you our hub's first regular feature, our monthly newsletter.

EHAM - Hub Captain

As you may have read, I have taken over this great hub from Phil who has been looking after our hub in the last few weeks.
My name is Sotiris (or Salvador for those who speak Spanish/Portoguese), I'm 33 and I live in the tiny canton of Zug in Switzerland, although I am a Greek citizen. I'm married but unlike Bruno, no kids yet :]
I work as a buyer, which means travelling a lot and sometimes with very short notice. On the plus side, it means that I am often near or aboard this great passion of ours; airplanes.
I have been playing FS on and off since the late 80's but it was very recently that I found out about virtual airlines and online flying. (I wish I knew what I was missing all these years :'( )
My other passions are football, BBQ's and meeting people. I hope we can become friends and share our enthusiasm for our common hobby as well as our experiences.

SCHIPHOL Airport

July has been a record year for our base. 4.9 Million passengers travelled via Amsterdam; a record month!
In just one weekend (27-29 July) Schiphol saw 509'000 passenger travelling through it.

Even traffic movements hit a record with more than 40'000 in one month. That's more than 1'200 aircraft taking off or landing per day.

The only downside was that the weather damaged the 'on-time' statistics, however I m pleased to confirm that after particular efforts from our pilots no Euroharmony plane was delayed, thus helping EuroHarmony maintain its impressive punctuality record

EUROHARMONY @ EHAM

Here's a brief overview of our hub:
27 Pilots
26 Active Pilots
And although we may not be the biggest EHM hub (yet) we are the second biggest Pro-Pilot hub behind EGLL (Well done guys). Our members come from across many diverse places like Sweden, Slovakia and Romania.

A special mention here is due to our most active pilots:
1944 Jaap Hiddink
1166 Andre Ronda
1592 Niels kalis
who between them have more than 2'200 hours for the airline.

I would also like everyone to join me in welcoming our newest members to the family:
2150 Neil Andrew
2152 Marek Janovjak

EHAM Pro-Pilot HUB

For those of you who enjoy the challenge of ProPilot, Amsterdam is host to 91 planes of all kinds and categories (yes, even Helicopters).
Feel free to take our birds on a ride as there are passengers queueing up waiting for someone to take them to the skies.

Those of you familiar with Pro-Pilot will have noticed that planes tend to stay at their last destination. This has the effect that only 34 of our 91 birds are actually 'at home' in Amsterdam. So if any of you fancies flying any of our birds home, here's some tips:

Class 1 From: Eindhoven
Class 2 From: Zurich, Brussels
Class 3 From: Zurich
Class 4 From: Zurich, Brussels
Class 5 From: Jersey, London, Athens
Class 6 From: Algiers, Johannesburgh
Class 7 From: Atlanta, Tokyo

So, a great choice of classes, distances and places for our great Pro-Pilot members to choose from.
(If not, I can see myself eternally flying our birds home ;D )

NEXT STEPS

As written earlier, this is my very first newsletter and I ask for your understanding. However, there are many plans for the near future. Some of those are:
- An Amsterdam Schiphol page in our site with regular briefings and news about the hub
- EHAM Hub Tour. This has been discussed in the past but I am keen to revive the topic and finalise it in the form of an exciting and representative tour, worthy of our great hub.

AND FINALLY...

You, the EHAM pilots, are the body and soul of this hub. Please let me know what you expect from the hub and EHM in general so that I can do my best to deliver it for you. You can contact me via e-mail, forums or U2U.
I see my placement here as a way to help you all make the best of our hobby and maintain a hub worthy of your expectations.
And in the process, let's make this hub the most successful in EuroHarmony's big family.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:54:39 pm »
Great first article chief ! ;D

Those are amazing numbers... 500.000 people in one weekend. I guess most of them travelled to the Caribbean ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:15 pm »
Nice article,Sotiris
If there is anything that I can do for you to promote our national airport further  just let me know.
I will start with bringing back some of the mentioned planes to Eham