Author Topic: Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - November 2007  (Read 3980 times)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - November 2007
« on: November 04, 2007, 02:19:31 pm »
Dear EHAM pilots,

it's my pleasure to present you our hub's regular feature, our monthly newsletter.

EHAM Hub Captain's Thoughts

During the last month the hub continued to prove a magnet for many of our pilots. Once again, the dominant aspect of Euroharmony, welcome people from across the world, has been re-inforced by this months additions to our hub.
While some recent additions of last month have become inactive for their own reasons the new additions have more than compensated for this.
As you may have also seen, some of the initial ideas back in the September newsletter have now become a reality and more are in the pipeline.
So enjoy this month's newsletter and let me know if you have any ideas on what else you want to see on it.

SCHIPHOL Airport

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is gearing up for the Winter holiday season by announcing some management changes but overall it is set for a record year especially in terms of passenger traffic in its attempt to become Europe's fourth busiest airport.

EUROHARMONY @ EHAM

The latest status of our hub is as follows:
34 pilots Total
22 Active
1 Away

As you can see, there's several pilots whose status is inactive and haven't filed a PiRep for the last month. All I'd like to ask is for our pilot to file the PiRep for any flight they make so they can maintain their active status and increase their flight hours and rating

On the upside, we have become an even more multiethnic hub and we now count members from the Bahrain, Singapore and South Africa.

Please join me in giving a warm welcome to our newest members:
2175 - Mohammed Toumi
2179 - Ionita Cezar
2180 - Mugur Ion
2181 - Gerard Busschers
2186 - Darren Gwee

Once again a special mention to our 'frequent fliers'
1944 - Jaap Hiddink
1166 - Andre Ronda
1592 - Niels Kalis
1142 - Stef Kalis

who between them clock more than 3600 hours and just in last month have contributed more than 600 flying hours.

Finally a special mention to Andre Ronda for completing our most exhausting tour, the World Tour. Well done Andre!

EHAM Pro-Pilot HUB

Over the last few months I have been asking pilot to 'return' our birs to the hub. Well, I am pleased to report that our hub is once again fully stocked with planes to flt to wherever you want.

For those of you however, who want to return the remainder of birds with a classy smooth approach over Schiphol then here's your choices:

Class 1 From: Zurich, Norwich
Class 2 From: Zurich, Prague, Dortmund
Class 3 From: Antalya, Florence, Lisbon
Class 4 From: Koeln, London, Nice
Class 5 From: Dakar, London, Munich
Class 6 From: Athens, Lisbon, Ponta, Delgada
Class 7 From: Bole, Johannesburg, New Delhi

NEXT STEPS

The Amsterdam Schiphol Page is progressing well thank to our contributions. However, we are still on the look-out for more pictures of Amsterdam whether in its default, payware or freeware sceneries. Send your contributions in via e-mail,  U2U, or post them on our forum.

Another topic was our Tour. I am now convinced that the best format is a tour of the Low Countries, Denmark, then a long hop to the Caribbean for some island hopping before a majestic end to the tour with a landing at the HUB. I have opened a topic to invite suggestions for destinations. Feel free to contribute so that the tour best reflects your preferences. You can find the link HERE.

AND FINALLY...

As you know we have since the September newsletter, started a Meet'n'Greet Session for our hub members. This in fact proved so popular that it is now extended to the whole of Euroharmony. Hence every second Wednesday we will be online on our TeamSpeak server at 19:00z to meet and greet our members.
The management team would hereby like to thank all the good people that took part in these sessions and we look forward to your participation in the future ones.

As I will write again, you, the EHAM pilots, are the body and soul of this hub. Please let me know what you expect from the hub and EHM in general so that I can do my best to deliver it for you. You can contact me via e-mail, forums or U2U.

Happy flying and safe landings to all.

anything