Author Topic: C1 exam at LROP on Saturday 17  (Read 5494 times)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
C1 exam at LROP on Saturday 17
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:32:17 am »
Hi all,

I have my IVAO C1 exam scheduled at Bucharest Otopeni this Saturday (17/11/2007 - 1830Z) as LROP_TWR. As such, I would be pleased to see on my scopes ( ;D ) some light blue EHM tails (besides the dark blue TAROM tails that will crowd the place).

LRBB_CTR will most certainly be staffed too.

The EHM timetable has 46 flights to/from LROP, between 30' and 3 hours long, using 10 fleet aircraft, so the choice is broad.

More informations:
- For charts, see http://ro.ivao.aero (check "LRBB_FIR/Airports")
- There is a brand new custom scenery you can get at http://www.flightsim.ro (check "Downloads"), it's very detailed (includes moving vehicles too) but may not be very framerate-friendly (didn't test it myself yet).
- For any questions about procedures / SID / STAR you may post here and I'll do my best to answer in time.

Thanks
Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 01:49:59 pm »
Hello Andrei,

wonderful news.
Can you give me a nearby airport to start my flight from?

P.S.
(I'm already checking all the possible failures I can simulate :] :] :] )

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:46:28 pm »
Andrei. My congrats in advance for your successfuly done C1. I wish to be present, but I'll be that night in Koeln-Germany for some special reason-closely connected to real aviation. Depends of the weather - I am some ten days away of PPL licence.

Peter LGAV HM

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:14:19 am »
@Sotiris:

If you look for scheduled EHM flights, the closest airports to start are Constanta (LRCK) and Targu Mures (LRTM), both within 30-40 minutes of flight from Bucharest. Closer airports without EHM flights are Craiova (LRCV) and Sibiu (LRSB).

If you look for international flights, the shortest EHM scheduled are from Sofia (LBSF), Belgrade (LYBE), Budapest (LHBP) and Chisinau (LUKK).

As for the simulated failures, may I Kindly remind you ;) that the last time you had such :@ evil :@ thoughts before participating to an exam, you finally got more (in fact less) than you bargained for :'(  ?  

(Sorry for the abuse of smilies, it's to point out that I'm just joking)

@Peter:

Thanks, no problem, just to answer you in a similar manner, congrats in advance for the PPL licence ;)

Cheers
Andrei

Offline EHM-2168 Vaz

• Gear up
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 07:31:35 pm »
I hope my flight did help your exam.
Good luck Andrei
Cheers
José Vaz

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 10:46:06 pm »
After a completer PC blue screen and 3 flights in total the xams were over.
I also spoke to Andrei's examiner and he confirmed a passing score for Andrei so, well done!

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 09:23:23 am »
José, Sotiris,

Thanks a lot, your participation surely helped.

Passed the exam indeed, after we had serious "logistics" problems too. The originally scheduled examiner (RO-DIR) had severe PC problems, which left one examinator (RO-AOAC) with two exams.

Besides, a lot of local RO division members could not show up so traffic was scarce (unlike the previous exams in the division). Thus it was a relief to see you both coming in.

And this is why, as soon as I had the minimum required traffic, the examiner had us (TWR + APP) change places and proceed with the second exam (which may have appeared rather strange to you).

The sad+funny part was that as soon as both exams were over, there was a lot of incoming traffic...

Sooo... the outcome was ok though the exam itself was not a remarkable achievement, I hardly had several aircraft to talk to at the same time (and I still did some minor mistakes, oops). My official training one week earlier has been WAY more challenging.

And Sotiris, I think you have been a victim of the new scenery, sorry for your PC crash. I had the same once in a foreign airport, crashed in the second I would have reported airborne, and I had to start all over again. But I must admit it's more frustrating to have this happen after a successful landing as was your case.

To end it in a funny note, the most difficult thing in talking to you guys was to say your callsign, that is "Harmony" followed by another number than my own :) .

Thanks again
Andrei

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 11:54:42 am »
Originally posted by EHM-2097 Avat
To end it in a funny note, the most difficult thing in talking to you guys was to say your callsign, that is "Harmony" followed by another number than my own :) .

Lol! ;D I have the same when controling in UK airspace ;)

Offline EHM-2168 Vaz

• Gear up
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 07:26:35 pm »
Congratulations Andrei! I hope to be on your next too :) Sorry for some problems on approach, I was using FSnav and no charts, so could not understand where I was going with the vectors :)
Cheers

José Vaz

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 10:30:30 pm »
Well done Avat!

I too get mixed up with our callsigns!

Worst case (in an event where I was REALLY tired after controlling for 4 hours) there was a BAW landing, and I said

"EHM1883, you are cleared to land on runway echo"

He replied

"Huh?!?"

anything