Author Topic: Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - Ed. II 2008  (Read 6020 times)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - Ed. II 2008
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »
Dear EHAM pilots,

February is upon us. The last month of Winter and, for this year, featuring an extra day for all of us to fly on.
(Well, saying that, to those of you with a 'significant other' it's best not to be flying on Feb. 14th but rather treat them to a nice surprise. Which neatly brings us back to just 28 'useful days')

Once again, with a little delay of 2 days the newsletter is up for everyone to read.

EHAM Hub Captain's Thoughts

Extraordinary Growth
As those of your that read the previous newsletter (All newsletters are available in the EHAM forum) may remember that last month marked our milestone of becoming the most populous Hub in EuroHarmony.
Well, this result was reached with 25 pilots. I am pleased to report that despite several emmbers becoming inactive during the month, the figure now stands at 27.
Congratulations to all of you.

EUROHARMONY @ EHAM

The latest status of our hub is as follows:
32 pilots Total
27 Active
1 Away

Once again, a small reminder to those inactive pilots: It is not necessary to 're-join' or 're-register' all you need to do is file a PiRep and your account will be back online and active!

Please join me in giving a warm welcome to our newest members:
2216 - Leo Van Dijk
2218 - Leon Gijse
2220 - Patrick Koelemij

On behalf of the management and all fellow hub pilots, we wish a warm welcome and our best wishes for a long and enjoyable stay.

Once again a special mention to our 'frequent fliers'
1944 - Jaap Hiddink
1166 - Andre Ronda
1534 - Hendrik Lenser
1592 - Niels Kalis

who between them clocked more than 4000!! hours and just in last month have contributed more than 500 flying hours.

EHAM Pro-Pilot HUB

While Pro-Pilot is a well-established flagship feature here it EHM it is always good to remind our newer members. Pro-Pilot is a state of the art application which helps simulate real operations 'as-real-as-it-gets'!
All planes have distinct registrations and are unique. Once you fly them to somewhere you can only follow a PP flight from the landing destination, or wait 2 days for a EHM staff charter to pick you up and only then can you fly from anywhere.
As airframes age they exhibit failures as would be expected in real life.
And of course, each flight is monitored and points given for imaculate flights.

So go ahead, try your hand at something a little more challenging but ultimately much more fun. If you enjoy a little stress, sweaty palms and always being on edge, Pro-Pilot is for you.
And the obligatory health warning: If you only want to have relaxed flight to sit back and enjoy do not do it with Pro-Pilot :)

At this point, I usually come up with suggestions of where to fly from. Sor for February here we go:

Class 1 - From: Norwich (EGSH), Rotterdam (EHRD)
Class 2 - From: Karlovy Vary (LKKV), Prague (LKPR)
Class 3 - From: Antalya (LTAI), Florence (LIRQ)
Class 4 - From: Dublin (EIDW), Luxembourg (ELLX)
Class 5 - From: Munich (EDDM), Dakar (GOOY)
Class 6 - From: Athens (LGAV), St. Petersbourg (ULLI)
Class 7 - From: Johannesburg (FAJS), Frankfurt (EDDF) [Lufthansa Technik is charging us extra each day we leave the bird there :) ]

NEXT STEPS

The Dutch divison of IVAO is organising, together with the Czech division a fly-in for February the 12th.
It's a bridge flight from Amsterdam to Prague. By 'bridge' we mean you can fly in either direction and as you can see in the Pro-Pilot listing above there's a plane waiting to return to Amsterdam :)
All pilots welcome.
More info, links to sceneries and charts on: Original Event Post in the NL-Division

AND FINALLY...
VATSIM I have noticed that several pilots are frequent flyers in VATSIM. I'd like to ask for your help in highlighting relevant events there. I have very little knowledge of the VATSIM universe and need your help to fill the gap.
To all VATSIM flyers out there; please let me know any event you consider relevant and worthwhile in order to publicise it on these pages.
EHM does not discriminate between networks and is happy to welcome pilots flying in either. However, as a hub captain, I need you to support me in raising the profile of VATSIM in our hub.

Happy flying and safe landings to all.
Here's to a safe and un-eventful February.
And to the romantics among us; don't forget the 14th :)

EHM-2220 Patrick

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 06:27:49 pm »
VATSIM is just way better ;D ;) .
Well i control frequently on vatsim, i only saw 1 EHM member in the last month though, so keep it up!
Will give a call on royal dutch events though!

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:51:53 pm »
Hi Patrick,

thank you very much mate!
This is exactly the spirit.
I need to raise VATSIM's profile in the hub. Because while I don't distinguish between the two, it's important we don't focus too much on either.

Thank you Patrick

EHM-2220 Patrick

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:05:13 pm »
Sotiris, how many Euroharmony members do fly on vatsim if i may ask? wouldn't it be nice to plan a group flight with those members? EHAM - EGLL - EHAM to begin with for example? 2 fields who are usually staffed, and both euroharmony hubs.

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:31:11 am »
Hello again,

well, this needs a little analysis from my side to determine who really flies on VATSIM regularly.
I know of at least 10-12 people who do, although they're not only from our hub.
Furthermore, I'm sure there's plenty more that I've missed so once I go to my 'home' pc I will be able to let you know.

The shuttle fly-in would be a great idea which I'll also discuss with EGLL's manager too so that he can inform his pilots as well.

So, as a first step, I'll get us the data required; arrange the same for the EGLL hub and hopefully we can start discussing suitable evenings for this.
If you, from your side, know if and when the stations will be manned (EHAM, EGLL) then by all means post it here. (Although I guess, much like in other networks, EDFF, EHAM, EGLL ad other 'monster' airports will most probably be manned every night).

Thanks for you ideas and help!

EHM-2220 Patrick

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 11:42:38 am »
Hi Sotiris,

EHAM ATC can be arranged, whenever you ask (TWR, APP AND ACC). Not sure about DEL/GND because they are usually trainees. I can allways send in a request to one of the controllers i know. If you plan a groupflight, i know who to mail to arrange the ATC for EHAM, we are allways happy to support groupflights :) .
( As i can see planned in servinfo/eurobook 07 and 08 february EHAM_W_APP will be there, that usually includes TWR and ACC staffed aswell ).

EGLL and EDDF are usually staffed from 1900z till like 2100z.
No problem, if you need more info or whatever, you can allways send me an email :) .

And for the offline flying people with flight sim expierence; come join in the fun at vatsim, once you did one or two flights, the addiction comes in :) . Things like radiotelephony and sids/stars have a really steady learning curve. If you need help going online you can allways send me a message.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 05:54:10 pm »
Well,

I am not a frequent flier and nowadays fly even less online. I started on VATSIM, but due to software problems I switched to IVAO. I just remember the VATSIM-NL staff is always doing a perfect and very precise job... once they did not let me fly because of a bad flightplan ;D ... but they helped to correct it ;)

As you know, the Amsterdam-London joint events on IVAO are always a big party :P I am sure it would be fun on VATSIM too ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

anything