Author Topic: First Online Flight - St Pats Day Fly In  (Read 3704 times)

EHM-2174 Kieren

First Online Flight - St Pats Day Fly In
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:58:18 am »
Just acomplished my first on line flight with Vatsim - Following observing over the last few nights at Manchester, Cardiff and Bristol, logged on at EIDW and observed St Patricks Day fly in and was persuaded by Dublin ATC to fly a circuit, which despite some L Plate nerves I succeeded in doing in A320 - PH-FTN.. In fact the touchdown was probably the smoothest I've ever managed in 2 yrs of flying FS..

Still a lot to learn, any tips from all you experts out there will be much appreciated..

KQ

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:25:14 am »
Hello Kieren

as one of the trainers of EHM I am pleased to see your post and also very happy that you want to pursue this further.

I have received a couple of other requests too and I want to consolidate them together to make a nice training session with all those interested.

I'll soon start a thread about the training and see who wants to register on this.

Watch this psace mate ;)

EHM-2174 Kieren

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:45:46 pm »
Hi Sotiris,

Great, look forward to it..Actually, having read a lot of forum posts about people's first online flights and the varying degrees of nervousness they experienced, the short flight last night was not that bad. Probably the most difficult part is the comms with ATC, but the guys at EIDW were extremely helpful..

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:13:26 pm »
Congratulations Kieren.

Maybe this be your first flight along many others...

anything