Author Topic: My 1st propilot flight did not get logged  (Read 6018 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
My 1st propilot flight did not get logged
« on: March 29, 2008, 07:25:23 pm »
Now that I finally made it to Class 4 I could find a ProPilot flight to fly.

I booked the EHAM-LIRQ on Fokker 70 (PH-ECG) yesterday via the website. It appeared in my list of "Locked Flights" as EHM-4178

Today was the day to do this exciting flight:

1. Started Flight Logger
2. Chose EHAM dept, LIRQ arrival in search form
3. Selected EHM-4178 flight
4. Selected Fokker 70 from the list
5. In FS I changed the tail id to PH-ECG
6. In Flight Logger I clicked on the "ProPilot" button. It asked me if I wanted to fly this as propilot (something like that) and I said YES. The button then switched to GREY (non-selectable). I assumed everything was all right.
7. Flew the flight (that is another story) and landed SAFELY, shutdown plane.
8. Submitted my PIREP

But... When I looked at the EHM website in "Latest PIREPs" it shows my flight (my PIREP) but the icon is not the known "ProPilot" icon, just the regular green non-propilot icon.

And... My Flights in the Pro Pilot division still show this flight as Locked by me.

So, what went wrong? Why is the flight now registered as pro pilot? why is the a/c still shown at the departure airport (EHAM) ?

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:30:01 pm »
Possibly your Internet connection was not stable?

Have you searched the Forum for previous examples of this problem? I'm sure others have reported similar situations and been given a number of suggestions...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:58:07 pm »
Hi Domnic,
   My internet connection is eh... very very fast and in all these years I have had it very very reliable as well. My connection did not fail during the flight either.

Yes, I checked and searched but did not find anything that matched my problem. I did submit my PIREP to EHM but somehow the flight still shows as  "locked" rather than flown.

As you saw on my post I don't think I missed any step. I guess I will stay away from ProPilot, seems exciting but if it can't log my flight then not much motivation to spend extra time looking for pro-alternatives :(

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 11:59:37 pm »
I flight goes wrong and you're ready to ban flying on PP:o

I'd be surprised if you could walk, drive, or ride a bike, as it's likely you would have failed your first time trying those out also... :%

OR maybe you're one of those super humans whom succeed the first time in everything they try ...

Jeez man, lighten up a little..

YOU know PP/FL is not 100% .. you know that very well as you have been complaining about it on every single aviation forum you have access to...

Be reminded, that it's not MANDATORY to use it.. so stop bashing it if you don't like it, and give other people a fair chance to discover it for themselves instead of bombarding them with negative posts about PP/FL ..

Just my 2 $ cents

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 02:23:19 am »
Didimo,

When submitting your ProPilot PIREP using flight logger you should be presented with a screen that explains your score and or any errors with the flight also if the flight is not being accepted for PP due to a connection error.

Another way to check that your flight is being monitored by flight logger and flown as PP is to log in to the site when you start the flight, after engine start but before taxi, log in to the ProPilot page under the divisions tab and in the ProPilot home page the ACARS shows all current active ProPilot flights.

Now as far as I am concerned all of the above is covered in the various manuals included both with our software and on the site. You are having more than your fair share of problems and I would just like to confirm that you have read the three main documents that are required for flying with ProPilot. These are:

From the Pilots Download page:
Operations Manual
ProPilot Manual

And also installed with Flight logger and located in the directory where it is installed is a PDF for the use of Flight logger (EHMFLLoggerHelp.pdf)

Studying all of these documents would certainly have helped you avoid most problems that we are aware of.

Now, although Rico's comments above are a personal opinion and by no means the stance of the airline, the management of the airline is however having a hard time understanding your constant berating of the airlines tools and systems. We are also seeing the numerous posts that you have made in community forums like VPA & IVAO and it baffles us why one person seems to be having so many problems when so many before you have never mentioned them or alternatively found simple resolutions, maybe you are just more persistent but certainly I have not encountered another member who has had such a horrendous time here. (maybe they just get frustrated and leave) I suggest that if you would like to discuss this matter or any other problems you have with the airline further, please can you send me an email at philip@fly-euroharmony.com so  we can arrange a time to meet on the company Teamspeak server to discuss your issues. I think this is the best way to resolve these issues rather than involving the rest of the membership and creating an atmosphere in what we consider and would like to keep a friendly community forum.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 04:28:19 pm »
I am not experiencing a "Horrendous Experience", that is perhaps a difference of perception. I believe that if that had been so I would have left a LONG LONG time ago not even bothering to go up the ranks.

As suggested I have sent you a message to your mail address Philip. Rico's comment is indeed unfortunate and greatly exagerated.

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »
In the 1.5 years that I fly for EHM I made most of the flights in the PP mode.
In that time,so far as I remember,I had two flights,who were cancelled as PP and booked as normal.
So the system works ok for me and I like the system.
It made me a better pilot.

anything