Author Topic: propilot  (Read 5281 times)

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
propilot
« on: April 01, 2008, 03:59:47 pm »
Hello,

I just wanted to submit this issue, maybe some one can help:
As soon as I log on for a propilot flight with the B747, the AP and FD functions are not operating. I tried to find any button on the overhead panel to activate the "avionics", but unsuccessfully. Thks for your input,

Gian

EHM-2029 Sotiris

propilot
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:03:53 pm »
Hello Gian,

this is the first time that I have heard this.
Last year I did the entire Formula 1 marathon on the 747 PP and without a glitch (well, apart from numerous penalties!!).

Have you tried activating the AP with the 'Z' key?
The AP can also be engaged from the mail panel, as long as you have pushed in the A/P Disconnect Lever.
This is a long rectangular lever below the three A/P buttons. If this is extended A/P's won't engage.
The F/D is different and should engage regardless although you don't really need for anything other than giving you visual clues as to where to steer the plane.

Let me know how it goes and if you still have problems I'll do some more testing at home.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
propilot
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:46:17 pm »
Hello Sotiris, thanks for your reply. I actually tried all the ways (via the panel, via the "Z" key), but nothing happens... The funny thing is that it works when I am not on propilot! Strange and frustrating...

Cheers,

Gian

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
propilot
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:38:41 pm »
Hi Gian,

Surely it is very strange because we don't have any code that disables flight instruments or operations ...

Just to know, did you changed any key regarding to the default keyboard controls ?

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
propilot
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:04:40 am »
Hi Gian,

Here is another possible explanation (I don't know about the 747 but had this with other aircraft).

The AP+FD depends on a command that is present in some panels (but not all) as "Avionics Main Switch". The catch is that if this "switch" is off, the AP+FD won't engage, and of course there is no obvious way to turn it on if no physical button exists.

The workaround is to get into Settings / Commands in FS and map a key combination to this command, then within the cockpit use this key combination to enable avionics before engaging AP+FD.

I don't think it's related to ProPilot, the easiest way to get into this trouble is flying an aircraft WITH avionics main button, switching it off then switching to an aircraft WITHOUT this command. And don't forget FS weird behaviour concerning what it remembers as defaults at startup.

Hope this helps.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

anything