Author Topic: Unfair, Unexpected Beacon Lights Penalty  (Read 4374 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Unfair, Unexpected Beacon Lights Penalty
« on: May 24, 2008, 06:58:03 am »
Just landed in Lisbon from Istanbul. While at cruise level almost 3 hours after departing, Pen003 (Engine Start without Beacon Ligths On) was charged. I can assure that the switches were not touched nor manipulated at that time.
It happened just after FS performed a very short scenery refreshment. I don't know if this is the cause.
I would like for MT to review my ACARS.
It is really dissapointing when one is penalized without cause.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:49:29 am »
(Another one. I just cut and pasted my previous and changed airports and phase of flight. But the problem was the same.)

Just landed in Thesalonics from Larnaca. While descending and almost 2 hours after departing, Pen003 (Engine Start without Beacon Ligths On) was charged. I can assure that the switches were not touched nor manipulated at that time.
It happened just after FS performed a very short scenery refreshment. Now I  know that this is the cause.
I would like for MT to review my ACARS.
It is really dissapointing when one is penalized without cause.

So, instead of getting a FAC of 602, it was reduced by 60 (Pen003) to 546. Unfair! Please check both the report and the ACARS.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:33:01 am »
Hector, I'm sure I could dig this out of your ACARS, but as I'm not in the Operations bit of the MT I don't want to make a nuisance of myself "on their patch" (;D) - so my question is what plane(s) were you flying in these two cases?
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »
Thanks Murray for your response. Last night it was the A320 and the previous one was the B763. It also happened during the F1 event with the B744F on the Shanghai to Riyad leg.
However, this doesn't happen every time the FS refreshes the scenery. This refreshment lasts less than 2 seconds.  Whatever can be done to fix this should help.
Regards,
Hector

anything