Author Topic: What is wrong with me, Mr. Propilot?  (Read 5030 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
What is wrong with me, Mr. Propilot?
« on: May 25, 2008, 06:16:50 am »
Not happy with having penalized me yesterday with an unexisting Beacon Light penalty, today you just penalized me with a Max. Load penalty at the time of landing.
As per FS Flight Keeper, the vertical speed at the time of touchdown was 352 fpm and the landing speed was 131 kts.
Mr. Propilot, you are the main cause for me to have two consecutive nights without getting a good sleep. Good Night.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1657 Jay

• Super cruise
    • http://www.ewr0688.com
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:17:32 pm »
lol . sorry... that humour is so dry it made me laugh out loud, no insult intended :)
[img]

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:38:21 am »
Lol!
Hehehe... maybe you took off for a short flight with 100% fuel and when you landed even if it was soft enough, your weight was over the maximum safe weight for landing?

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:36:03 pm »
Hi Mariano, it may happen indeed but that is not the cause in this case.
The MLW for the B763ER is 318,000 lbs. When I landed in EGLL the landing weigth was 304,786 lbs. I normally use a reserve of 15,000 lbs + the fuel load for the flight which was calculated in 30,000 lbs. It was a normal landing for even the wind was 054/09.
This data is taken from FS Flight Keeper that receives the information from the FSUIPC module as FLogger does.
The strange thing is that I did not see the penalty information that normally shows in the screen whenever it is applied. That's why I knew about it when I sent the PIREP so I could not make any comments.
There was another first on that flight: I started both engines but I never had confirmation from FLogger about it so I had to shut the engines down, exit FLogger and open it again. I was ok the second time.
Anyhow, I suppose that this is nothing we can do about it except to exercise more attention to these facts not only when performing the landings but during the entire flight. I have even deleted most of the keyboard functions like pause, lights and gear for sometimes when typing board messages using the 'p', 'l' or 'g' for some reason it may end up pausing the flight, switching the lights off or lowering the gear when cruising! All of this for the delight of Mr. Propilot!:]

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

anything