Author Topic: Yeehaa!!! I shall be promoting soon  (Read 4806 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Yeehaa!!! I shall be promoting soon
« on: June 01, 2008, 10:21:30 pm »
After countless flights on "my" Fokker 70 I will be (God permitting) promoting to Commercial Captain on my next flight!

Currently have nearly 40 hours on EHM and have done all of my "ProPilot" career on this Fokker 70 which I now know like the palm of my hand -including its quirks- I shall be taking this baby for the last ride and leave it somewhere in Spain having taking it up and down, east and west of Europe including the Heathrow and Athens EHM hubs.

After 59 minutes more on the F70 I will FINALLY be able to fly what had been my favourite (and main) a/c to fly before joining EHM, the Boeing 737-800.

Speaking of which... within a couple of weeks I should also be the proud owner of a Boeing MCP + EFIS hardware from GoFlight). My goal had been to start building my B737 cockpit this year.

Anyway... for the F70 newbies feel free to drop me a message should you need some advise.

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:36:07 pm »
Hi Didimo

best wishes for your promotion flight and for your cockpit project.
I started building a basic one beginning this year and it is great fun to
plan, build and of course to use it.

regards

Manuel
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 11:46:37 pm »
Congratulations Didimo!

A new airplane set is about to at your hands :)

Offline EHM-2222 Cheuk

• Ready for take-off
    • Torzer's weblog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:48:34 am »
Congratulations Didimo, I used to pilot F70 in the past and presently as I really love that plane. As a fan of Boeing, all models of Boeing 737 looks  good to me and hope that you'll have fun flying the 737!;D

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:55:31 pm »
Congratulations

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 05:44:09 pm »
Congrats! The Boeing 737 and Fokker 70 are my personal favourites!

However, when you get to Class 6 you can enjoy the fantastic Boeing 757, my favourite plane of all time:>

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:14:51 pm »
Thanks! it has been several weeks since my promotion to CC. The "promotion flight" was from Nice, Cote d'Azur and I left the bird at Zaragoza. Zaragoza, as a default FS airport was a bit of a let down. Nevertheless I wonder if someone has taken up the bird since I left it there, did all of my Class 4 career on that same F70 with that registration.

Unfortunately between work, social engagements and Golf classes I have had little time for flying :( But I already did my first Class 5 flight, a long one from KATL to my "home" airport (MPTO) on an Airbus 320.

I am quite enthusiastic about my incipient cockpit. I am currently enjoying the GoFlight 737 MCP (Autopilot module), haven't gotten around getting the EFIS to work. I guess my next step will be the generic module (lights, gear, etc) from OpenCockpits and then the radio stack.

Sure want to get to the Class 6 soon (30 hours to go). I did buy the Captain Sim 757 for FS2004 but was QUITE disappointed after finding out the Flaps axis cannot be mapped on this aircraft (bug). Anyway, I shall see when I get there, for now B737 and A320 and perhaps MD-80.