Author Topic: Late Registration  (Read 20770 times)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Late Registration
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 06:29:16 pm »
It seems the mail server problem was solved, and I could register 2 more "late" pilots ;D

Alltogether we are 18 now ! Happy flying mates ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
Late Registration
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 11:49:28 am »
Good idea, Kristoff!
Let´s  arrange on monday 17:00 UTC (at 18:40 is football).
We could meet in EuroHarmony teamspeak. Would be nice to meet anybody else!  :]

Lot of greetings from Salzburg
Franz

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Late Registration
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 04:20:44 pm »
Way to go Kristoff  ... That's the spirit :)

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
Late Registration
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 06:06:37 pm »
Just finished my first three legs! ;)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Late Registration
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »
First few flights were extended until the end of the week for our late-starters ;) Hurry up, there are still 5 short flights to finish this week !

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1944 Jaap

Late Registration
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 10:08:06 am »
This weekend we will take off from UNNT.
Anyone wants to fly together with me?I will be on the IVAO network.
Anyway have fun folks.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Late Registration
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 05:58:59 pm »
Hi Jaap,
would be more than glad. However I am flying Saturday between 1700-2200 UTC in the Real Operations IVAO event. For Sunday I will be in Wein (via TV of course) in the final Eurocup Spain-Germany (2-1). I think I will fly the Peking-Paris event on Monday because if Spain wins I will get drunk. If Spain looses, I will get drunk.:]

Remember that a DC8-30 is waiting for us in Santiago de Chile to take her back to ESSA.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1944 Jaap

Late Registration
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 07:04:57 pm »
Hi Hector,
Ok about the LPPT event,have fun there.I have to fly Peking to Paris this weekend so perhaps we can try another time.  
Hope that we can fly the DC8 in the near future,because the wheels of my aircraft are nearly sinking through the tarmac.
If Spain can keep up the level they performed yesterday you will have a nice day.But you never know,we experienced a dramatic downfall of the level of our Dutch team.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Late Registration
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 11:45:10 pm »
After landing at USCC, with everything ok I received a message that PP cannot accept the report because there is not enough data between takeoff and landing. I checked the ACARS report and there is no evidence of that.
So, I have to repeat the flight. At least it is not as long as the one last year to Montreal from Europe.
The landing at USCC was beautiful in spite of a very low ceiling with temps 14/14. I don't know about the rest, but my scenery does not have the ILS in that RWY25.
It is true that IVAO has had repeated server problems with continuing disconnections. I had to repeat the previous one too early today because that problem but this one was much better connection wise.
But the big question is: if the connection between FL and FSUIPC is maintained, what is the influence of the IVAO connection? I don't get it.  
Please check the PIREP sent. Thanks.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Late Registration
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 12:21:02 am »
Here is more info and hope it can help to find out whether it is a bug or maybe is my problem. The first 3 are from FL report and the last one from the landing page of FS Flight Keeper.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Late Registration
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 07:21:37 am »
Hi Hector,

The problem is not related to IVAO and can appear while flying "offline" too. In fact I had the same problem a few weeks ago and combined with some bad planning on my own I had to give up this tour.

The PP system as it works now depends on sending ACARS to the EHM server for the flight analysis. It is those "successfully sent" chunks of information that need to exist (at least most of them) so that the flight is not only recorded but scored as a PP flight.

It is normal that your ACARS file is correct because it is recorded directly on your PC without depending on any network connection.

I presume this system was built at a time when network or server problems were rare, in which case it works fine. However, this is an all too knoown issue now and it is a top requirement for the new PP system to become less dependent of the network connection quality.

Concretely, what will happen with the new version is that all information required to validate the PP (or non-PP as well) flight will be recorded on the local PC then submitted as a whole after the flight or any later time.

For now... sorry for the inconveniences.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Late Registration
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 02:16:04 pm »
Hi Andrei,
thanks for your answer. I agree that it shouldn't be IVAO's problem because it is common to get disconnected from IVAO during the flights. Yesterday was a common occurrence indeed. It is also true that we are having Internet problems in this country too. But it never happened for me to receive such a message. In fact, as I understood, the only time a connection is needed is when reporting the flight after finished. If the whole ACARS is recorded in my computer continuously, as I confirmed, and then reported to the system, then I don't understand how it could had happened. This was a short flight, but I think how bad it could had been after a long haul flight. BTW, I remember that one of the messages was that "a new Flight Logger version is available" but I am not aware of that.

Best Regards,
Hector

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Late Registration
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 08:35:43 pm »
Something is happening with FL and PP. I just finished UNOO-USCC. Saved ACARS. Saved PIREP. Submitted PIREP. Blank Window. Nothing. Left it open for almost half an hour. Nothing. Re-submitted PIREP. Nothing. Entered EHM webpage and found that the flight was recorded and I could book the next leg to UWPP. By the way, before getting in the website I had to close and re-open because I got a message saying that the site had the allowed quota full. ?
Has someone had the same problem or it's my gear?

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Late Registration
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 11:30:40 pm »
At last! Everything went fine this time in leg 084. Like the old times. Thanks God.

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
Late Registration
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 09:06:42 pm »
Hello team,

Just wanted to know when we could expect to get the ProPilot Event Award ?

Anyway, Congratulation to all of you guys who succeeded in joining Paris safely
:>

Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M