Author Topic: G-force penalty  (Read 5062 times)

EHM-1890 Martijn

G-force penalty
« on: June 07, 2008, 03:15:27 pm »
On my last flight from Glasgow to London Heathrow I got a penalty (400 points!) for excess G-force (2.5g). However, nothing strange happened during the flight, and I landed very smoothly. Even 'FS passengers' didn't register excess G-force. I wonder if other people have the same experience and how this is possible.

The only thing I can imagine is a change of wind direction during the flight (at high altitude), causing a little 'swing' of the plane. However, if this caused the excess G-force it would have been recorded by 'FS Passengers'.

Furthermore I have a question about how this penalty influences my FAC. My FAC directly increased by 400, whereas I was thinking the FAC is an average. Each flight without penalty increases my FAC by about 30 or 40, this means I need a lot of flights to become positive again. Is it normal that penalty points are directly added to the FAC?

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
G-force penalty
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 02:40:43 am »
Humm when I get those G forces its either my mistake at landing, or sometimes when the scenary at an airport is not so good, your airplane like bumps up and down, that sometimes registers as G forces...

About the FAC, yeah, when you make a mistake it takes a long long time to get it back up, thats mainly why I dont fly pro pilot till they come up with a more realistic point system...

EHM-1944 Jaap

G-force penalty
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:58:51 am »
As I have 1800+ hours flying PP I may say I have some experience with it.
At the beginning of my carreer with EHM I struggled with my landing technique so I got a lot of penalties.After some training        at the problem of landing  the succes was there and there was only one inflight penalty since due to the weather(using Active Sky)
Yes,PP is unforgiving but it made me a better pilot and I always use it.