Author Topic: Schedule?  (Read 7994 times)

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:42:55 pm »
Hi just woundering, is the schedule complete now. Regarding the tours in the company I mean. When you fly different tours, you cant get away from the last destination without taking a jump seat. Is this fixed now?

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Schedule?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:18:01 pm »
Hi Glenn,

Can you please explain it better ? ;D Sorry, I don't understand...

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:28:56 am »
Sure I can Bruno. Ex. when you fly Tour of Danube and your first leg goes from Donaueschingen-Villingen (EDTD). There is no flight in our schedule that goes to EDTD, that means I have to take a "jumpseat" into EDTD, to fly this tour.:( I like to have a clean schedule, and hope that you can update the schedule so you can fly into EDTD, and take the tour from there. The same is for the last lage of Tour of Danube Tulcea (LRTC). You can't fly away from Tulcea LRTC.:(

Did you understand me now Bruno;D

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:13:38 pm »
I got an answer to my own post, it is still not fixed, since i got the example above. When will it be fixed? Isn't this a easy thing to fix?

Offline EHM-1507 Manuel

• Super cruise
Schedule?
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 01:22:13 am »
Hello Glenn

Donaueschingen is a very small airport mainly used by private pilots and charter (business).
There are no scheduled flights from there.
So it won´t make sense to have it in our schedule.

For having it in our tour it´s absolutely ok, because it´s a VFR - Tour and you have a really nice region there.

And as long as you can fly the tours only without ProPilot, you won´t get into any trouble with your Travel - Mode, when you landed in Donaueschingen.
Manuel Zwikirsch

EHM 1507

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Schedule?
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 07:41:09 am »
Hi Glenn

Manuel is right, most of the tours are VFR so as far as the timetable is concerned, these are treated differently from the scheduled flights. The "real-life story", if there is one needed, is that tours are rather something one does in his free time not part of the "full-time job" as an EHM pilot.

Thus it is not necessary to have a scheduled flight ending where the tour begins (let's say, in real-life one could travel to Donaueschingen... by train).

The division missions fall into the same category due to their exceptional characteristics, it is likely that to perform such missions the company finds another way to get you at the departure than forcing you to fly a jet all the way to that airport.

Also, note that the scheduled flights are planned with an eye to what real-life airlines do, and this depends on passenger demand rather than pilot schedules. This brings us back to Mariano's remark, how realistic would it be to fly a fully loaded 747 to Donaueschingen?

I hope this sheds some light on why the tours and scheduled flights are not interconnected.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 11:47:58 pm »
Then I will not fly the tours that you don't can fly away from. It's not as real as it gets, to fly to the nearest airport, leave your airplane there, and take a car to drive to the next airport, pick up another aircraft there, and fly it on a tour.

If you see it in the real world, you can't fly a airplane from A to B, and not return it to A.

Then somebody should reschedule the tour, to always begin and start at a hub, or at least start and begin in an airport that you can fly from.

And I haven't asked for a 747 into there. But a scheduled route with a VFR aircraft, or with Beech 1900D should be possible.

And I don't think you understand the problem for us that like to have a clean schedule in EHM and Vatsim. For those who jump all around the world, it's not a problem. But I ALWAYS fly from A to B, and from B to C.

I feel like this is a sign from EHM-management, that they do not listen to their pilots, it is possible to make everyone happy, just with putting in a small aircraft on the schedule, or reschedule the tour, to start and end on another airport.

I know this was a discussion last time I did fly for EHM, and then the management said, and I quote: We will fix this in the next version of our schedule, we can't add only one and one route, it is better to add more routes at the same time.

If this continue, all my questions why EHM has gone from almost 600 active pilots to nearly 100 pilots is not a question for me more. Then I know that it's because of the lack of management, and promises that is left unanswered.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Schedule?
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 09:11:39 am »
Hi Glenn !

I am thinking in the same way as you, when you say you like to continue your flights where you left your airplane. I used to fly in this style if possible.

But tours are tours, and regular timetable is regular timetable. When I was flying a tour I think about it as a set of weekend hobby flights. Of course usually you cant finish a tour within a weekend. But still, you can decide to fly a tour continously until you finish it and do not interrupt it with regular flights.

Tours are like hobby inside the hobby ;D These are relaxing short flights you can fly at any time. You could even imagine a pilot, who is flying all week at his airline, and during the weekends he takes his Cessna and flies these flights. And not to mention the tour completion is rewarded, while regular flights not. So there is alwas a challenge.

And finally, I do not think the MT do not listen to the pilots. In the past years we implemented many features and improvements that was asked by our pilots. Of course, there were some lonely ideas too that were not consider really. I hope you understand we need to think of the majority, and so far nobody was complaining about the tour system. But, most of our flights in the statistics are tour flights, so the majority is satisfied with the system.

Anyway, we welcome opinions and the forums are here for discuss these opinions. ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1671 Ben

Schedule?
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 09:30:47 am »
Hi Glenn,

Originally posted by EHM-2288 Glenn
Then I will not fly the tours that you don't can fly away from. It's not as real as it gets, to fly to the nearest airport, leave your airplane there, and take a car to drive to the next airport, pick up another aircraft there, and fly it on a tour.

There is only one tour that does not begin and end at one of our hubs. While it is true that the Tour of Sweden neither begins nor ends at our hub at ESSA, its starting location (ESNK) and finish (ESGG) can both be reached by scheduled main division flights from/to ESSA (flights 1138 and 3341 respectively).

I would respectfully ask you to refrain from criticizing the management in such a manner. We, especially those in the higher ranks, work continuously to provide you with an innovative, flexible and free-of-charge flight simulator experience ;)

EHM-1944 Jaap

Schedule?
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:44 am »
Folks,what a enormous discussion about a minor problem.
And Glenn,can you explain to me how to fly the Peking event?
Yesterday I left a plane in Katl and today I will fly the next leg in this nice event taking off from UUWW.
So what?
And please respect the guys who work so hard for us a bit more.
Cheers,
Jaap

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 11:37:45 am »
You don't understand, and that's strange, because I have told you the same thing over and over again.

But I have been talking to at least 20 pilots in Norwegian forums, that are at the same opinion as me. A Virtual Airline should be build on jump-seats. Many pilots in the virtual world loves to fly on a clean schedule where you start at A, and finish at Z. And many virtual airlines even have that as a rule.

And with ProPilot you have to fly on a clean schedule without jump-seats, or else the planes will be left on strange locations. I feel that there is no red line here, this is a easy thing to fix, it's just to put in some class 1 or 2 flights to and from where some of the tours start and ends.

A pilot want to get all the awards in a Virtual Airline, and that should be possible for all pilots, not only for those who don't care if they jump half the world round.

And of course I know how much work the management has been through, I admit the work of the management to put up one of the best virtual airlines in the world, but there is things to work on, to get this a complete virtual airline too.

If you see on the ESSA hub, you won't find that many active pilots, and one of the reasons is because there is no chance for us who enjoy clean schedule to fly everything inside this VA. And I know this has been a discussion on the norwegian/swedish forums.

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
Schedule?
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 02:01:59 pm »
Even if you were angry you shouldn't speak about the management in such a way!

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 03:27:14 pm »
The management is always responsible for the results of a VA. I was responsible for my two VAs, and therefore  I think they are used to critics.

But this is a minor problem for many pilots, but for the pilots who really want a clean schedule, this is a big problem, that is easy to solve.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Schedule?
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 03:37:40 pm »
Hmmm,

maybe I missunderstood a bit the problem. Would you like to have a connection flight to every single destinations along the tour, or only for the beginning and ending airports ?

Because then it is a different situation ;) not to mention that many tours starting and ending on a HUB so you have plenty of possibilities to arrive to the Tour, and leaving it at the end.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 03:45:46 pm »
Just a connection to fly into the starting airport of the tour, and a connection to fly out of the ending airport of the tour. :) That's the only thing im asking for. What type of class or what type of airplane is not that important:)

And the reason it's a minor problem, is that it's only a few of the tours that doesn't have this connection at this time

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Schedule?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 03:55:22 pm »
(If everyone could lay-off attacking Glenn, for what is merely his opinion of the schedule and it's ease or otherwise for the MT to "fix" it, that would be kind... :))

I understand your thinking Glenn - joined-up flying...

I don't have a lot to do with the schedules, but perhaps a GA flight from each hub/sub-hub (you know, the bigger airports close by the hubs) to the start/end of the tours (where the hubs aren't currently the start/end) would be feasible?
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 04:01:44 pm »
Thanks Murray:)

Thats's excatly what I'm looking for. It would be great to connect the few tours that has no connection to a hub, sub-hub of EHM. Then it would be very easy to fly into a hub/sub-hub, and start the tour there. And fly away into a bigger airport an continue the EuroHarmony dream from there:)

EHM-1671 Ben

Schedule?
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 12:06:30 am »
Seems my previous post may have been missed?

Originally posted by EHM-1671 Ben

There is only one tour that does not begin and end at one of our hubs - the Tour of the Danube. While it is true that the Tour of Sweden neither begins nor ends at our hub at ESSA, its starting location (ESNK) and finish (ESGG) can both be reached by scheduled main division flights from/to ESSA (flights 1138 and 3341 respectively).

Such a big discussion over wont of two flights inserted into the timetable! :)

EHM-2288 Glenn

Schedule?
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 12:58:36 am »
It's more than two flights. Scandinavian tour ends at the same way. No way to go after last destination. I can check every tour if you like, but i think it is more than this too