Author Topic: Where are the green penalty notifications?  (Read 5263 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Where are the green penalty notifications?
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:36:55 pm »
I remember that when I began using Flight Logger I used to see sometimes these red on green background notifications at the top of the screen with "Penalty: you did something wrong" (well, you get my point). I hope my memory is not failing me LOL.

I don't remember if I used to see them BEFORE or AFTER I started ProPiloting. What I do remember is that for the most of my Class 4 career (PP) I did not see those on-screen notifications even when I was given a penalty.

What do I need to do to get them back? I thought it was pretty cool to get them on the Green tape because psycologically speaking you get immediate feedback about an improper action (and thus learn to correct it faster) than looking at the ACARS after the facts.

If my memory failed me (gee, I hope not!) what is the chance that the PP/Flight Logger would (ever?) be updated with an option to enable/disable this useful feature?

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:43:12 pm »
Hi,

Well, I got one today and it appeared on my screen the message ... Try to reinstall the FlightLogger ...

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:15:19 am »
Hi,

Note that penalties are not the only information that should appear "on tape". There are other messages too, like startup, shutdown, takeoff and land, do you have these?

If you don't, then as Bruno said it's a technical issue. There are no settings in FS + FL about seing these messages or not, but I think there are some (settings) in FSUIPC, especially if you have a registered version.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:32:41 pm »
Well that is the funny thing, on the green type I do get notifications such as "Engine X started" but no penalties. The penalties only appear in my ACARS log on FL and are not forwarded to the green tape.