Author Topic: Offline version of ProPilot  (Read 6385 times)

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Offline version of ProPilot
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:38:20 am »
Hi,

I guess there was a proposal to make an offline version of ProPilot so that it would not be required to be connected full time when flying using PP. Any update on the same as I am looking forward to be playing on PP but cannot always be online when doing so.
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:21:06 am »
Hi Vincent,

We are currently working on that new version. This new version (called Flightlogger 2) will have the possibility to record the flight in offline mode, and send the PIREP later.

The only thing will be that you can't record another flight without sending the previous one.

Our release date is for the end of the year. We are working hard on the project and on others too :)

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:18:42 pm »
I didnt actually know that this was in the pipeline! What a fantastic idea! Looking forward to this being released :>
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 05:35:32 pm »
Hi Brian,

We have 4 projects that we want to finish this year:

- A new Flight Logger that will replace the current one. It's being developed by Andrei, Murray and Evan.
- A complete new more realistic timetable with new destinations and new ideas. It's being developed by Miguel.
- A new Flight Academy that is being developed by me, Ben and Matt.
- PropPilot improvement that will be discussed and implemented more to the end of the year.

We don't stop, Brian. ;D

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:42:29 pm »
Bruno,

That quite very good news... Let me know if you need "Beta Tester" for the new flight logger, and/or the new time table. I'm ready to help the team.

Cheers
Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:53:24 pm »
Hi Bruno,

I would never expect the magnificent management team at  euroharmony to ever stop Bruno ;D I am delighted with all four items that you have outlined! Excellent news and as always I want to express my gratitude to all the hard work you and the team put in to this airline! Well done!

Regards,

Brian
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:22:53 am »
Wow Bruno, I asked for one and I am getting 4. The limitation being talked about of "The only thing will be that you can't record another flight without sending the previous one." is perfectly fine, bec the problem is not we cannot be online for the full time PP is running, not that we cannot be online at all for multiple flight :]

And the above should be mandatory, that you fly - it has to be recorded. Perfect. looking forward to this soon. I am a programmer myself and I am willing to volunteer for any kind of assistance too.
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 06:21:19 pm »
I'm so glad to hear about these improvements and im really looking forward to them!

About the flight academy, if there are any positions available as a trainer I would be very happy to help, as I have a lot of experience teaching people to fly. But I understand none of the VFA aircraft are FSX compatible :(