Author Topic: Landing at the alternate  (Read 3980 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Landing at the alternate
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:07:37 am »
When flying the KATL-KHLN flight I could not land in KHLN due to zero ceiling so I had to abort the landing after passing the DH and not having a visual of the runway.
I went to the alternate, KGTF and things were not better.
Anyhow, after two missed approaches I finally landed.
I was under the impression that PP would not recognize the flight because I did not land in KHLN but I sent the PIREP just to log those hard 5 hours. I was surprised when PP did recognize the flight. Now, I am in KGTF (about 50 nm away) but for PP I am at KHLN. How can it be?

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Landing at the alternate
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:41:43 am »
Hi Hector,

That's something that was not possible to implement on the time we developed ProPilot :) The divert procedures.

The ProPilot, right now, doesn't have a chance to know if you didn't landed on the correct airport.

The new version, (not the one that will be released until December, but the one for the next year) will have that possibility.

Basically the 2009 Version will check if you landed on a 20nm radius on the center of the destination airport. If not it will ask you if you diverted to other airport. And if so, the airplane will be become inactive for 2 days until it get's back to the final original destination.

Don't worry. Continue flying :) ...