Author Topic: EKRK Roskilde flights  (Read 4771 times)

EHM-1392 Justin

EKRK Roskilde flights
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:43:26 pm »
Hey all,
I'm sure this is not the right forum of EHM to post such a question, but as EHAM is my own hub I though I ask here.
Today I flew a EuroHolidays class 7 flight from Porto (LPPR) to Roskilde (EKRK) in the beautiful PMDG MD-11, but while checking up runway info of my destination during flight I discovered that the longest runway was a  mere 1800 x 32 meters long: that's just 5900 feet long. According to all my MD11 documents i needed something like 7000ft for a reasonably safe landing. So, being online on IVAO I really didn't like to overshooting the runway. Also, the parking appron is just large enough for a MD11, i blocked all taxiways. In sum, EKRK is far too small for Class 7 and 6 flight. So my question i guess is why EuroHolidays flightplans include such quite impossible airports for such large a/c? To me it seemed unrealistic and 'unsafe' to land at such tiny airports in a MD11.
I dunno if there are any other unreasonable airports in the flightplans, but Roskilde is simply not suitable for MD11's.

Any similar experiences?

Justin van Tuil

PS I did manage to land and stop with hard autobrakes, full flaps, spoilers and thrust reversers, but my approach speed had to be very very low :)

Offline EHM-2272 Callum

• Transition Altitude
  • VA Management
EKRK Roskilde flights
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:40:50 pm »
Hmmm, i'm not too sure about that one, never flown into it, the main thing is that you managed to land safely and your approach speed may have been low but you didn't stall so it seems ok to me.... Obviously if you tryed to land the MD11 with full fuel you would probably need the whole 7000ft run but thats probably just an advised length.

I can assure you the schedule would have been completely thought out and checked and we wouldnt put any routes in that would risk our virtual pilots lives ;)

EHM-1392 Justin

EKRK Roskilde flights
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:56:17 pm »
I didn't want to be picky about the route schedule Euroharmony has and it was not intended to be a complaint or anything. I just wanted to point to the difficult (and therefore quite cool) airports you sometimes come across in the timetable. I'm just glad to know that all airports are thought over when they are included. Again I see it as a good thing that Euroharmony distinguishes itself having different destinations than other VA's, although Roskilde really didn't feel right that time. If weights are planned through, indeed any airport should be flyable.
Thanks for the reply in any case.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
EKRK Roskilde flights
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:01:13 pm »
We had (and probably still have) some buggy routes which were came from an old random generator, I guess. We have many thousands of flights and so there can be problematic ones. It is not a problem if you report these errors because it is impossible to find the errors unless you want to fly those routes ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold