Author Topic: Question about Pro Pilot Penalties  (Read 4677 times)

csb4 Robert

Question about Pro Pilot Penalties
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:03:17 am »
Hello,

I am just new to Euroharmony, i am an experienced fs pilot with lots of hours on different networks. I joined euroharmony because of the Propilot system which sounds awesome.

Only a few questions about the penalties, i try to fly as real as it gets and some penalties dont seem fair to me.

1.Your strobe lights where not turned on when you started your engines.

I thought that you have to turn your beacon lights on if your ready for engine start, strobe light you turn on when you enter an active runway.

2.You started your engines without parking brakes turned on.

I always start my engines during pushback just like in reallife.

Anyone with an answer?

Thanks

Robert

csb4 Robert

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:01:31 am »
Figured it out already, found some other forum posts.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »
Hello Robert, this is Robert  :)

If you may fly the PMDG 747, you will see a penalty coming up for beacon, but do not care about that. Because of the PMDG programming it is a known problem and so the system will later decrease your possible penalties with that one ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:14:04 pm »
Hello Robert (AND Robert :) )

Both rules you brought into discussion are... well, discutable. And the PP checks for one very likely scenario - which indeed may not be the only right one in real life.

The exact order in which lights should be turned on (and off) slightly differs from author to author as far as I could read myself about this topic.

As for startup vs. pushback, PP sticks to one scenario where the engines are started after pushback is complete (and the parking brakes set on again). Although I am not very familiar with procedures worldwide, I can confirm that this is the "standard" scenario on some airports in real life too.

One hint to avoid nasty PP penalties surprises is to check on the web site, PP section, "Pilot Lounge" page, the complete list of checks and associated penalties.

Once you are familiar with these, they should be pretty easy to avoid. And of course, if you think some of these checks need improvement, that's very well worth discussing for the next PP version (there is an open debate on this subject as you probably have noticed in the forums).

Happy flying and zero penalties!

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

csb4 Robert

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:14:48 am »
Thanks for your repsonses,

That makes things clear, i thought a had to start engines before pushback, but after pushback is also realistic.

anything