Author Topic: EHO texture not working  (Read 3836 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
EHO texture not working
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:18:28 am »
Hi there, I just got the PMDGs MD-11 for FS9 and downloaded the EHO texture but I cannot make it work. It is the very first time it happens to me for I never had problems before with other payware aircrafts like ATR 72, LDS B763 and Wilco A320.
When I try to load the plane it shows the Eurholidays but no texture whatsoever. Just the grey aircraft body.
Appreciate any help here and thanks in advance.
Hector

P.D I copied and pasted the [fltsim.X] file attached.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
EHO texture not working
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »
Hector,

Sorry to hear about that, I don't know whether the MD-11 payware texture is only for FSX and indeed whether that would cause it not to display properly..? It's the only thing I can think of at the moment and, not having a clue about FSX's folder structure, I can't test my theory!

Has anybody else had any issues getting this texture to display?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
EHO texture not working
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 03:36:56 am »
Hector,

Now that I'm home from work, I've looked into this issue - the individual texture files in the download all end in the extension ".dds" which according to this helpful article is an FSX only texture format.

Happily enough, this format can be converted to FS2004 compatible DXT3 format using the freely available graphics tool "DXTBmp" from MW Graphics (Google it if you have't got it) - at least the conversion worked fine on my system so I'd recommend you try this with each texture in the folder and then see if FS2004 recognises the paint job - please let me know if this works!

Cheers ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
EHO texture not working
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 03:47:30 pm »
Thanks for the tip Dom. Will try it and will let you know about.
Regards,
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.