Author Topic: ESSA Arlanda  (Read 4899 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
ESSA Arlanda
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:29:51 pm »
Hi

I recently downloaded Arlanda Airport (ESSA). I notice that the wheels of all of the AI aircraft are sunk into the ground. When I take an outside look at the aircraft I am flying at the time it looks OK, with the wheels in the correct position on the ground! I wonder if this is happening because the scenery seems to have been designed originally for FS2002 -  and may require an adjustment for FS9? Thing is, I haven't a clue how to make the adjustment if one is needed. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Ian

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: ESSA Arlanda
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:49:54 pm »
Hi Ian,

Which scenery is it that you have installed and where did you get it from? There are often many versions of any particular airport and sometimes there are patches to fix things like this and other times there aren't ;)

I've just checked at http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php (the most comprehensive freeware scenery listing there is) and unfortunately there does not appear to be a ready made fix for this airport.

I also looked over at Flightsim.com for any fixes but can't find one...

So, you have three options:- use it as it is with AI aircraft floating around, search the Net for solutions for this problem which was commonplace when FS9 first came out with lots of addon sceneries from FS2002, or you could download a separate AFCAD2 file for the airport, install that over the top of your FS2002 scenery and see if it fixes the issue. If not, remove the scenery and just install the AFCAD2 file and see how the airport looks - at least the other aircraft should be at the same level as you ;)

Sorry I haven't got a better answer - does anyone else have a different solution?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:38 am »
Hi Dominic

I got the airport from the link in the Euroharmony Tours section. It takes you to a site called "Flightsim.no". The airport looks good - just a pity about the problem! I could live with it if necessary - but I am a bit of a perfectionist!! Can you suggest where I might get an AFCAD2 to try while Avsim is out of commission?

Ian

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:24 am »
Hi again Dominic

Re above reply, I just had a thought!! I think I got the scenery from Flightsim Nordic - couldn't understand the language when I tried to get into flightsim.no.
Ian

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 01:09:59 am »
No problems Ian, you should be able to get what you need at www.flightsim.com - just search for ESSA and you'll get quite a few appear ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything