Author Topic: Pro Pilot Looonnggg flight not recorded  (Read 4661 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Pro Pilot Looonnggg flight not recorded
« on: June 24, 2009, 04:53:44 am »
Flight H1172, SAEZ-KATL shown as a Propilot Flight in ACARS. At the end it was not counted as a PP flight. I got the message with congratulations for completing succesfully a Propilot flight. "Your FAC is now [blank] because you had [blank] for this flight. " It was a Zero points flight, by the way.  I assume there is nothing that can be done other than repeating the flight. Is that right?
After sending the PIREP I couldn't connect with EHM and had to wait a few minutes. I though that by the time I sent the PIREP the site was down so I re-sent it to no avail. This is why there are 2 PIREPS reported. Please delete one of them.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1821 Javier

Re: Pro Pilot Looonnggg flight not recorded
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 05:58:21 am »
Hi Hector!

I had that same thing happen to me a few flights ago, I checked my email after the flight and I found out that the plane I flew had been unlocked due to not flying it within 48hrs of locking. I was able to click the 'Propilot' button in the Flight Logger to confirm it was a Propilot flight though, so I'm guessing that it got unlocked while I was in the air?

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:11:46 pm »
Hi Javier, thanks for your input.
it seems that you are 100% right. I just received the email sent at 0300Z today informing that the flight was unlocked!
The sad thing is that at that time I was on final for RWY27L in Atlanta. My touchdown was at 0309Z today after almost 10 hrs airborne.
I think that something has changed in Propilot then because it is not the first time I fly in these conditions and never had this problem.
I cannot understand how the system could not verify that the flight was in progress.
Back to Buenos Aires then. Anyhow, I love that city. For me, it is the Paris of America. And they speak Spanish!
Regards,
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:30 pm »
Hi Hector,

Sorry to hear about this flight not being recorded properly, I'm not very technical so I can't really tell why the software hasn't picked up that you were flying the flight at the time but perhaps one of our Developers will know...

At least it means you can do another flight from a city you love - enjoy ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 01:50:00 am »
Thanks for the message Dom.
At this time I have been in the air for 6.5 hrs and still 3 more to go. Hope this time everything will go fine.
I think that to avoid problems like that it is better to perform the flight within the next 24 hrs.
Regards,
Hector

anything