Author Topic: Classic airliners flying for Euroharmony? Why not?  (Read 4678 times)

Offline EHM-1695 Hélio

• Gear up
Classic airliners flying for Euroharmony? Why not?
« on: July 27, 2009, 08:38:24 pm »
I already talked in the forum some time a go (maybe more than one year) about the idea of putting in the Euroharmony fleet some "classic" aircraft that are saying goodbye from the real thing.

In the 70's, 80's and 90's the sky was overcrawded with diferent aircrafts, from different constructors. Aircrafts like L1011, 727, DC9, 707, DC10 and many others are now a rare vision.

Now we only see in the sky aircrafts without soul, with the same design or similar!

Why not create a fleet of classic aircrafts, bigger than the museum that we have now, with flights of they own?

Just a idea!

Ps.  just a few days to restart flying

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: Classic airliners flying for Euroharmony? Why not?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:28:07 am »
Hi Helio,

As you know, this is a topic that has been greatly discussed in the past and the Museum aircraft we have are the result of that discussion ;)

We intend to add more Museum aircraft in the future but as always, this depends on having free time to repaint and package these planes plus each one needs to have a story as to why it was in the Fleet as well as a use - whether a PP Event or some other use... This time of course needs to be balanced against the needs of the VA as a whole, which of course is a modern day VA for the most part with "extras" for variety!

I can tell you that there is going to be a special tour coming up quite soon for Museum aircraft so watch this space and your wish may well be granted  ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1695 Hélio

• Gear up
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:52:33 pm »
Cool....

I dream about the day that i will fly a 727 and a L1011 on Euroharmony...  ;D

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50:21 am »
Funny you should mention the L1011...

Thanks to Stefan Elber's shot from the old screenshot library we can easily remind ourselves of the planes we used to have in the fleet, including the wonderful Tristar  ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything