Author Topic: IVAO-GB looking for traffic  (Read 3614 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IVAO-GB looking for traffic
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:23:26 pm »
Taking off my EHM management hat for a short while, and popping on my IVAO-GB members badge instead, the instructors and student controllers of IVAO-GB are always on the look out for traffic (particularly VFR traffic) most week nights after 1800Z.

I'm currently a student controller with IVAO-GB once again (doing the C1 course as a refresher prior to attempting to get onto the C2 course) and we are generally lucky if we see 6 aircraft in a 2 hour session! As an incentive, IVAO-GB are now handing out division awards for pilots that regularly fly during training courses, so if you can spare a half hour to fly VFR one evening, check in the IVAO-GB OJT category in the IVAO forums [ here ] and come along and lend us a hand. If you've got a bit more time to spare, fly into/out of one of the IVAO-GB training airports on an EHM scheduled flight (IVAO-GB use Bristol (EGGD), Edinburgh (EGPH) and London Stanstead (EGSS) as training airports, and we currently have scheduled flights going to all three) and get double benefit. Finally, you'll sometime see multiple sessions on-going on a particular night, so you could always shuttle from one to another. ;-)

I'm training at Edinburgh BTW, next OJT session for me is Saturday 29th Aug at 1400Z, and if I see an EHM callsign or two expect my very best service. If there are IVAO pilots out there that want to see what ATC life is like, you could do worse than to temporarily transfer to IVAO-GB and enroll on their C1 course... OK, "Advertorial" over... ;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything