Author Topic: navigation software for FSX  (Read 6812 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

navigation software for FSX
« on: August 26, 2009, 07:20:58 pm »
I was out of the game for a while but before I jused fsnavigator for navigation in FS9. Now I'm running FSX and there is no fsnavigator for fsx unfortunately. Does anbody know what the most common navigation software replacement software is for FSX?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: navigation software for FSX
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:59:39 pm »
It's not too brilliant in terms of nav software for FSX (as far as I am aware, I should hasten to add). Some of us ex. FSNav users have gone to FS Build (it works, but TBH it's a little bloody confusing), some have gone to that other one mentioned elsewhere in the forums that I'll be blowed if I can remember it's name (I'll search and mod this post) Flightsim Commander and then there's those of us that I like to think of as the hard core that just use Route Finder and the excuse for navigation and route planning inside FSX/whatever our chosen aircraft allows us.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:05:28 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 01:51:04 pm »
Hi Cyriel

I use FSC(ommander). great programm wich can do much more than the old FSNAV and it's for FS9 and FSX. It is a "stand alone" programm, so not within FS9/X. wich has the advantage of using it disconnected from FS (for flightplanning), inflight you can connect it to FS so it's a moving map.
As i said a good navigation tool for both FS's

Niels
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »
I also use FSCommander. Excellent. For transoceanic flights you can download and display the NATs and PACOTs. However, I normally check it with the free part of Route Finder and vroute. If you are suscribed to Navigraph you can download the monthly vroute password to use it with the latest AIRAC.
Another important feature of FSC is that eventhough it is not shown on the map, you can have a digital reading of the ground altitude which is very helpful when flying at night on strange territory. But if you fly VFR then you can turn the MEA on the map.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »
fs commander looks good. I'm going to give it a try

Did my first flight today after 2 something years. From egll to edds. felt good to be flying again. Could not submit the pirep however due to a bug in the site. Mailed Murray about it.

Cyriel

anything