Author Topic: Impromptue IVAO VFR fly-in(s)  (Read 4349 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Impromptue IVAO VFR fly-in(s)
« on: September 20, 2009, 04:15:51 pm »
Calling all IVAO pilots that know how to do proper VFR circuits (and anyone that's willing to learn); what we had hoped would be my final AD session descended into a little bit of chaos because we just don't see enough VFR traffic on IVAO outside of training sessions. So, I'd very much like to get a core of EHM pilots that understand VFR circuits to an airfield in the UK (EGPH for preference, but EGHH otherwise) and get in some "hard core" practice with you all. If I spend an hour or so directing VFR traffic, I'm sure it'll be beaten into my head enough that I finally get it right.

For those of you with FSX, Gary Summons of UK2000 fame has released a cut-down version of his Xtreme EGPH that contains all real-world taxiways and stands, and major airfield buildings. Can be gotten from [ http://www.uk2000scenery/free/index.html ]

Any takers? I can fit in any weeknight after 1800Z, and weekends (except before 1200Z on Sundays). Anyone participating for at least half an hour, I'll award an hour of EHM IVAO flight time to you.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 04:33:16 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1365 Ben

• Martian transfer
Re: Impromptue IVAO VFR fly-in(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:52:59 pm »
Hi Murray, sorry if I caused some chaos ;) . I should be able to spare some time on weekday evenings, drop me an e-mail (forum address) if it is short notice.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:41:05 pm »
No Ben, not your fault at all (or Luke, or Daniel for that matter): if anything, mine for not having the correct phraseology to hand... but you as much as anyone will know that outside of OJTs, us ATC "students" just don't see VFR traffic in sufficient quantities to drum the RT phraseology in.

Hence, the request for traffic. :)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »
Just a real quick FYI for our IVAO pilots, IVAO-GB have a C1 exam on tomorrow at EGPH (starts 1800Z). Traffic, both IFR and VFR, would be appreciated (I'm going to fly a few circuits then nip off to Dyce IFR, refiling mid-flight)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON