Author Topic: Singapore opens for business !  (Read 5601 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Singapore opens for business !
« on: December 01, 2009, 05:43:30 pm »
As you'll have seen from THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, Southeast Asia operations have now been officially launched from Singapore (WSSS).

Please use this thread to post any problems, questions, suggestions or links that you think would be helpful to other pilots, such as charts or sceneries for the region ;)

Many of our new destinations have addon scenery available at http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php for FS2004 pilots and http://walhalla.mine.nu/fsx.php for FSX pilots.
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
Re: Singapore opens for business !
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 07:28:47 pm »
HEY, This is GREAT news. I love it. ::)

Cheers Niels
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 07:36:45 pm »

It had to come and it’s great to see, a grand pre-Christmas prezie.
      I can see WSSS being used a lot.
      A big thanks to the MT yet again. ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 07:38:51 pm by EHM-1829 Trevor »

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:55:50 am »
...some of the overpriced national carriers.

So obvious which airline you're talking about!  :D

Real world charts are available HERE

In the list provided by Dom, the first download on the list includes:
-Scenery for WSSS
-Scenery for Tengah AB
-Scenery for Paya Lebar (in the year 1961, used to be the international airport but it's now a military airbase)
-Scenery for Brunei's Airport (Not sure why it is included, it's a seperate country!  ???)
-Landclass files for the entire island of Singapore
-Scenery for the Central Business District

So technically, you just need to download this pack, so no need to download the others listed there  ;D

For the above scenery, the control tower looks nothing like the real control tower(which looks absoloutely beautiful btw!). So if you want to replace it, just remove these files from the Changi-wsss\Scenery folder (if you downloaded the whole pack):
-jetways-wsss.bgl   (Not sure about this file still, I'll go test it and get back on this)
-jetways-wsss-tower.bgl
-jetways-wsss-tower-bcn.bgl
-jetways-wsss-tower-ms.bgl

Then, download and install this

Just some tips when flying into Singapore:
Due to it's small size, the airports are in quite close proximity to each other. To make things worse, WSSS has two parallel runways that are also parallel to the runways of two other airports right beside it (so that's 4 parallel runways!!) The runway numbering is also quite odd, WSSS has two runways but they are labelled 02L/20R and 02C/20C, not 02R/20L which is the runway at WSAC, the closer of the other two airports, just 1-2km to the east of WSSS. This is a military airbase, with no taxiways linking to WSSS, so if you land here, you're passengers can't get to the terminal! A good way to differentiate WSAC from WSSS is by looking at it's runway length, which is considerably shorter than the runways at WSSS.

Further to the west of WSSS is WSAP, also a military airbase. WSAP has only 1 runway, labelled 02/20, which has roughly the same length as both runways at WSSS. Since it is further away from WSSS than WSAC, there should be less trouble telling WSAP apart.

I'll try to post a picture to show the airports later on, hope it will help! So be careful when flying into Singapore!! Don't end up in the numerous airbases here!! ;D

anything