Author Topic: Navdata  (Read 4002 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Navdata
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:30:42 pm »
Hi
I am looking for some help - again!! I fly the PMDG aircraft in FS9 quite a lot. I am getting errors in the FMC when approaching many airports and believe that this can be due to the need to update Navdata (I still have the original that came with the aircraft). Would someone be willing to take the time to explain to me (in simple terms as I am an IT illiterate!!!) how to obtain and install more up-to date information?
Thanks,
Ian

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Re: Navdata
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »
You would have to purchase updated navdata from Navigraph: http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.asp

Create an account, place credit on the account then on FMSData you attempt to download the one you want. This will then prompt you to pick whether you want the current cycle, or if you want to get a years worth which actually gives you 13 cycles at a discounted price.

Once you have activated a cycle or a sequence of cycles, you can download all the different types of data format for that cycle as many times as you like. You would want to PMDG all products one, which may well be an installer.

This will update all your PMDG products such as 737, MD-11 etc. You can also grab the package for your flight planning software (if you own) such as Flight Sim Commander on the same cycle at no extra cost.

Hope that helps.

EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Re: Navdata
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »
Thanks Alexander. Will get on to this.

anything