Author Topic: Winter Operations with WILD  (Read 17905 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: Winter Operations with WILD
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 04:34:18 pm »
Andy,

That 2D only Twin Otter is a much older version by PAD and the newer textures won't work on her.

I'm surprised you're having performance issues with her too since I have a fairly average gaming rig and with my FS9 set to give 32 fps, I normally get from 28-32 fps in all views.

You said in a previous post that you have added some other gauges to the plane - are these frame hungry?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »
Andy,

That 2D only Twin Otter is a much older version by PAD and the newer textures won't work on her.

I'm surprised you're having performance issues with her too since I have a fairly average gaming rig and with my FS9 set to give 32 fps, I normally get from 28-32 fps in all views.

You said in a previous post that you have added some other gauges to the plane - are these frame hungry?

Afternoon Dominic
I did think that may be be the case ,when I attempted to add it (the texture),so I wasn't TOO! bothered when It didn't work.
When I say the aircraft is a little hoggy on performance its not massively so. just a little laggy ,twitchy ,stuttery  on banking for instance ,nothing major .
The gauges I use are the ones I have installed on most of my aircraft (including EHMY models) and they certainly don't affect performance. They consist of things like Cockpit commander ,Lee Hetherington Tcas (which of course is present anyway on the EHM otter ,auto flaps and gear ,a view altering gauge ,Rob Bs pushback amongst other things.
Perhaps if you could let me know exactly which PAD model you are using I could download it (only really want 2D model) and I could paste the EHMY livery onto it.(i think it does mention doing that in the WILD pilot manual )
Actually what I may do tonight is hire the original PAD  Scilly bus for an EHM flt just to see how that compares performance wise.
I am beginning to quite enjoy using the PAD otter ,having previously  said that I have always  found it quite hard to land ,I think its all this extra practice I am getting.
Cheers
Andy

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 11:59:27 am »

Perhaps if you could let me know exactly which PAD model you are using I could download it (only really want 2D model) and I could paste the EHMY livery onto it.(i think it does mention doing that in the WILD pilot manual )

Andy,

The model for the EHM FS9 wheels version is dh6_twinotter_ver3.6.mdl, which is the same as the Scilly Skybus model at the PAD site HERE. This model includes VC and cabin by default - there is no option for a 2D only version. So I wouldn't expect there to be any difference in performance between ours and a new one direct from their site. The only 2D only ones from PAD date from 2003 and were made using different modelling software which is why paints for the newer version don't work on the older ones.
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 12:36:25 pm »
Thanks very much for the download link Dominic.
Last night I completed another WILD flight ,but this time using the original 2003 2d Scilly bus and I do think that this older version was better performance wise ,but as I have said the EHMY now in use is by no means unusable.
Maybe its my imagination ;) I had the same thing with the IFDG/Project Airbus A320S (EHMY versions)I was convinced the IFDG was a less able performer that PA bus, but i am not sure now.
Anyway thanks for the link to the correct PAD I will download and have a fiddle about with that.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 01:05:55 pm »
Andy,

I'd be surprised if the 2003 model wasn't better on frame rates as its a simpler model with no VC or cabin to draw but I hope you can get her flying nicely one way or another, I really do think she's a great plane especially in the bush  ;D
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything