Author Topic: Very sad news  (Read 5460 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Very sad news
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:15:14 pm »
It is with deep regret that I need to inform all members of the VA that Phil Nutt, who was EuroHarmony's CEO from 2006-2008, died on 24th August from a sudden and unexpected heart attack. He was only 42 years old. Many of you will not have known Phil but those who have been here for a few years will remember his enthusiasm, his sense of humour and his desire to make the VA the best it could be. It was Phil who brought me into the Management Team and he gave me a huge amount of time and encouragement in my early days.

The full details of funeral arrangements etc were posted on his Facebook page by his brother and I have copied them below for those who might wish to know more:-

Hi all, I'm Geoff, Phil's brother.
As I'm sure you are all aware now, Philip had a heart attack and passed away on the morning of Friday 24th August 2012. It was a very sudden 'tragedy' and we are assured that he did not suffer at all.
His wife Tammy Nutt, mother Hazel and myself have been looking at his facebook account over the last 10 days and we are all rather overwhelmed by the messages so many people have posted. I'd like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the three of us, to thank you all very much. I'm sure that peanutt is basking in all this attention!
Philip left behind a wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters, Jessica and Eloise, who will miss their daddy very much.

I'm sure you will not mind, Jason MacDonald, If I cut and paste your post regarding the funeral arrangements.

"Good Afternoon All

Philips funeral will be held on:

Tuesday 11th of September at 13:20 at

Bradwell Crematorium
Chatterley Close
Bradwell
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Staffordshire
ST5 8LE
Tel: 01782 635498

followed by reception at Wolstanton WMC.

Wolstanton WMC
Chetwynd House
High Street
Wolstanton
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Staffordshire
ST5 0HE
Tel: 01782 858907

If you are able, you are very welcome to attend to support Philip’s family at this tragic time and to celebrate Phil, his life and achievements.

Thank you

Jason"

The family have requested no flowers at the service. Instead, any donations that are received will be divided between two charities. The British Heart Foundation and Vulcan to the Sky (which Phil supported).
Once again Thank You, for all your kind words and best wishes, from all his family. We hope to meet as many of you as possible on Tuesday 11th September.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:41:58 pm by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: Very sad news
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:28:15 am »
Wow... Sad news. "The light that burns twice as brightly", as Phillip K. Dick wrote. I will miss him.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 10:51:00 am »
Hello All

I have just come across this post whilst looking through the forums.
I never really crossed paths with Phil ,but felt rather disappointed  that only Murray had commented on this sad news.
Although rather belated now, my thoughts go to the Nutt family.

Andy

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 03:43:27 pm »
Hi,

My God, didn't know this at all ... I reading some older posts to get some updates .... I am still in shock about this, I knew Phil from the old times with Murray, Dominic and other ex-MT members ...

My thoughts are with him ...  :'(