Author Topic: IVAO 'Stress Test' Event May 17th  (Read 4999 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
IVAO 'Stress Test' Event May 17th
« on: May 09, 2013, 05:32:25 am »
If you aren't already aware, please consider joining this IVAO Event to help them test their new systems. Thanks to Dirk Uys for pointing this one out :)

Dear IVAO members,

Over the last few weeks the network team at IVAO have been busy upgrading the servers, hopefully you will have noticed the improvements in stability. However, we need your help!

We can only really test the effectiveness of the upgrades by placing the network under high load and therefore we would like to invite you to the "IVAO Stress Test" event on May 17th, 2013 from 17:00 to 20:00 UTC.

We would like to see if we can sustain 2,500 simultaneous connections with the peak hour expected to be 19:00 UTC.

This is your opportunity to not only fly with thousands of other pilots and experience great ATC coverage, but also make a positive contribution to helping IVAO improve the network for all our members.

Our Network and Logistics team will be on standby to monitor network performance and attend to any problems that my arise

As controller or pilot, join us for this unique event!

For more information about this event: http://forum.ivao.aero/index.php?topic=222459.0

For any question, feel free to contact us at pr@ivao.aero

Best regards,

Vybhava Srinivasan & Maxime Esnau
IVAO Public Relations Department
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:34:34 am by EHM-1465 Dominic »
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
Re: IVAO 'Stress Test' Event May 17th
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »
Thanks Dirk ยง Dom for this information, I'll try to be there around 1900 zulu, but not sure where, I mean not flight plan for the moment ::)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: IVAO 'Stress Test' Event May 17th
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:46:33 pm »
I'll be flying the last TT leg that day as it gets available the 17th. I have delayed going to my holiday home until the 18th, so I could fly that evening. :)

So I'll be trying to fly that one on-line, probably from about 1800Z (20:00 LT) so as to not make it too late an evening (need to pack too, you know...)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

anything